Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Vanilla Xcom2 can be pretty absurd.  Long War gets ridiculous in very different ways.  I just had 2 pods of enemy reinforcements spawn together, right in front of a building where I had about a dozen soldiers on/around on overwatch.  It was a bloodbath.

Then 2 turns later another dozen enemies spawns in and a horde of lost.  Flamethrowers came in quite handy for once.

The downside is getting back into Xcom has put my Stardew Valley/Graveyard Keeper 100%ing on the backburner.  Hopefully I get some done this weekend.

I had the most glorious one shot kill tonight. 

Three enemies: A Sectopod, a purifier and shirld bearer. 

Two claymores: one on the Sectopod, one at its feet. 

One Shredstorm Cannon. 

BOOM. 

Bonus points for the purifier blowing up too. 

12 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Any sim racers play rFactor 2? It's supposed to have the best physics system in any racing sim. I looked at some reviews and a Q&A and found this nugget:

whodatis54 Jan 18, 2020 @ 9:35pm 
are the tires supposed to come out of wheel well

Well? Are they?!

Still playing No Man's Sky. Found a world with no hazards and deposits of copper and gold. I'm going to mine the *fuck* out of it.

Well, this sucks. Steam Uninstalled Stardew Valley last week randomly. Got it reinstalled but now my latest game is missing. Pretty upset, losing all that work and time.

• Sad 4

Rimworld...I have so many boomalopes....SO MANY BOOMALOPES!

boomalope.png

Thing is I wasn't even trying to get that many!  It just...happened through their natural breeding!  I can't even cull them because of their tendency to...ya know..explode when killed!

They take up SO much hay...

hay.png

The highlighted red areas are all the ones dedicated solely to growing hay, and I'm still barely keeping up with what they eat...

@Jasonmufc help!

3 hours ago, Lint said:

Rimworld...I have so many boomalopes....SO MANY BOOMALOPES!

boomalope.png

Thing is I wasn't even trying to get that many!  It just...happened through their natural breeding!  I can't even cull them because of their tendency to...ya know..explode when killed!

They take up SO much hay...

hay.png

The highlighted red areas are all the ones dedicated solely to growing hay, and I'm still barely keeping up with what they eat...

@Jasonmufc help!

The base game isn't super built for such massive animal populations. And Hay is quite an inefficient crop to use for feeding animals, even if it's only use is literally to feed grazing animals.

If you have meat/bug, you're much more efficient to make kibble from greens and whatever off-cut you might have (I hear animals really like the taste of human meat, try it out with a psycho butcher!). Bug meat is also hated by humans, but fine for animal consumption.

They can also eat nutrient paste and it's arguably the most efficient use of foodstuffs for animal consumption. But you need to use some trickery to actually get the paste out of the dispenser for the animals to eat. https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Nutrient_paste_dispenser#Manually_producing_meals

There's also the 'Vegetable Garden' mod, which is largely vanilla friendly but adds more vegetables to the game. Part of the mod is the ability to create high-nutrition silage which you'll need once you get those mass animal farms.

So tl;dr: (Silage >) Nutrient Paste > Kibble > Hay

32 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

stick them outside the base and wait for raiders. Raiding axeman runs up to boomalope and explodes. Raid defeated ;)

Other way is to zone them onto water tiles and then shoot them (or nade them) from outside of explosion range.

The water immediately douses the flames and prevents a fire from burning down half your map, and you can further butcher them afterwards.

But walking crates of TNT to send to a sleeping siege is a favourite way to use them.

For anyone who does not have any of the XCOM Games, they are on sale on steam in a bundle for 40-50$.

20 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Other way is to zone them onto water tiles and then shoot them (or nade them) from outside of explosion range.

Actually did try this, and my colonists "rescued" the ones that didn't outright die, took them back to my base...where they then exploded and took out 1/2 my base...

Luckily, I had a save from just before I tried this so I could reload

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lint said:

Actually did try this, and my colonists "rescued" the ones that didn't outright die, took them back to my base...where they then exploded and took out 1/2 my base...

Maybe smart to conscript the entire colony next time until you've made sure every boomalope is boomed. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Maybe smart to conscript the entire colony next time until you've made sure every boomalope is boomed. :lol:

I started to do it one by one, but after about 5 or so, a trader came by who would but the rest from me.  So now I'm down to just 1 male and 1 female boomalope

5 hours ago, Lint said:

What game is this? It sounds a blast. :shifty: 

54 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

What game is this? It sounds a blast. :shifty: 

Rimworld, basically a colony builder where you crash land with a few characters and you try to survive/escape the planet you crash landed on. As your colony grows, bigger and more numerous enemies will appear.

But it's nothing when compared to the biggest enemy of all, human incompetence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rimworld might be my next game to get and try out.  However, I want to finish off Stardew/Graveyard Keeper first.  So that way I am only playing my Xcom2 Long War campaign, the Monster Train DLC and one other game.  I have somehow too much to do now.

I also kind of want to give Factory Town another go since it's been updated and I think I can plan out my town better.

2 hours ago, RPS said:

I downloaded the Long War campaign because of y'all talking about it on here. 

Prepare to both love it and hate it.  Let me know if you need any advice.

I think the biggest beginner tip is to set all your resistance members in your first area to Intel.  This will make help you find missions faster so you can get more time to infiltrate and therefore have easier missions for a while.  Try to always get to 100% infiltration if possible, unless you just cannot and the reward is worth it.  Skip missions when you need to, there is no penalty and its impossible to even try to do them all.