Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Truffles are the way to go TBH, especially if you have Forager and Botanist. Every Truffle will be Iridium quality with a chance to grab two. 

Now, consider this. 

To do a full upgrade to a Big Barn, you need 43,000 gold, 1350 wood and 650 stone. The cost of the pigs would be 192,000, for a total gold cost of 235K. 

Once the piggies start digging, assuming you get only 12 a day, without even converting it to oil, that's 15,000 alone. Between affection letting them dig up more and the Foraging perk, you'll likely make more. 

You'll recoup your entire gold investment in 16 days at the most, probably sooner. Then it's pure profit, unless it's winter :shifty: . 

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

@How The Cloud Stole Christdid you become a Twitch affiliate and not tell us?!

It just happened today! I streamed this morning and around 1PM my time got the email inviting me to become an affiliate! 

I think Saturday afternoon I will stream some. I planned on it anyway to make up for not streaming Tuesday ( + cutting today's stream short about 40 minutes) but now it'll be my first stream as an affiliate!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

It just happened today! I streamed this morning and around 1PM my time got the email inviting me to become an affiliate! 

I think Saturday afternoon I will stream some. I planned on it anyway to make up for not streaming Tuesday ( + cutting today's stream short about 40 minutes) but now it'll be my first stream as an affiliate!

So what does becoming an affiliate mean? Do you get to make mad bucks?

1 minute ago, Ruki Returns said:

So what does becoming an affiliate mean? Do you get to make mad bucks?

People can subscribe to my channel now, as well as redeem channel points on my channel. I also unlocked an emote slot. The more subscribers you have, the more emote slots you have - I think when you first hit affiliate you just have the 1 emote slot. You can also cheer with Bits on my channel now!

I also don't make any money from subscriptions, IIRC, until I cross the threshold of $100 in revenue (from Bits, subscriptions, or revenue from running ads). Once that happens then I get paid out by Twitch.

X-Com 2 Hijinks: 

Get a mission to capture or neutralize an VIP. Ok, no biggy. A viper leads out, out of range for weapons fire but in a perfect spot for my grenadier. 

So I launch the grenade. 

APPARENTLY, the VIP decided to hide behind a Pinto. 

Uh...mission accomplished? </shrug> 

Playing Rimworld..

"Man it sucks that one of my best soldiers has asthma in both his lungs.  Wait a second...I have prisoners..."

Now I have two prisoners who each have 1 lung, and a soldier with 2 healthy lungs :shifty:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thepunkrockicon said:

Re: Twitch, I'm actually gonna be starting to stream at the end of this month. Anybody got tips for someone who has basically no idea what they're doing?

Paging @Ollieto the thread, Ollie to the thread. I feel like of the lot of us he's probably the one who has shit the most sorted out and could give a better answer than I can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

People can subscribe to my channel now, as well as redeem channel points on my channel. I also unlocked an emote slot. The more subscribers you have, the more emote slots you have - I think when you first hit affiliate you just have the 1 emote slot. You can also cheer with Bits on my channel now!

When you first become an affiliate, you get three emote slots for the 3 tiers of subscriptions people can pay for. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thepunkrockicon said:

Re: Twitch, I'm actually gonna be starting to stream at the end of this month. Anybody got tips for someone who has basically no idea what they're doing?

Happy to help with any questions you have! Streaming is the most fun thing I've ever done, it's helped with my mental health, it's given me a renewed sense of purpose and building a community is totally rad.

As far as tips, there's nothing I could give you that isn't totally cliché, but consistency is absolutely key. When you first start, you're gonna feel weird and awkward, you're going to have periods where you only have one or no viewers, and you have to build the confidence to fill those silences. Engrain yourself in other small communities (there's literally thousands to choose from), make friends, show up for others and they'll show up for you. Don't break the bank getting started, you can literally stream directly through any console or PC you have, bring chat up on your phone and test the waters without spending a penny.

I'm certainly no expert, I'm still in the infancy of this journey, but I've managed to build a small community with an average viewership of around 100-150 views per stream (with an average of around 20 viewers at any one time), and I've been fortunate enough to start seeing a return on my own initial investment (I made the mistake of spending a bunch of money before I even knew it was for me, don't do that), and I've made some really lovely new pals along the way.

Streaming is dope.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thepunkrockicon said:

Get OBS, fire it up and go. I streamed for a bit last year but my computer is in the living room so it makes it hard to stream when people are watching television. The technical side is pretty easy. Growing your base will be hard but have a schedule and stick to it. If you’re on message boards that allow it then let people know. Get a discord so people can join and keep apprised of when you’re going live

• Like 1