Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

2 minutes ago, Forked Out said:

Perfect. I think I might go backwards with them and play the second and then if I enjoy that then I might go back and play the first one as well.

Also, I love that @OctoberRaven is part of the conversation where I mention that I hate first person games and then proceeds to recommend a shit ton of First person games 😛 

Of the ones I mentioned, only VTMB and Divnity 2 are, and they are *really* good.

And even then, VTMB can be played in third person (unless you spec firearms), Divnity 2 as well IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Forked Out said:

Perfect. I think I might go backwards with them and play the second and then if I enjoy that then I might go back and play the first one as well.

Also, I love that @OctoberRaven is part of the conversation where I mention that I hate first person games and then proceeds to recommend a shit ton of First person games 😛 

Divinity Original Sin 2 is darn good. So well written and fun. It makes me excited for BG3.

VTMB does actually look like something I would like. I love Vampire style stuff so I'll probably check it out even with the First Person stuff.

I also found Disco Elysium in my search which looks like something else I could really get into.

11 minutes ago, Forked Out said:

VTMB does actually look like something I would like. I love Vampire style stuff so I'll probably check it out even with the First Person stuff.

I also found Disco Elysium in my search which looks like something else I could really get into.

Word of advice: Get the unofficial mod for VTMB. It restores a lot of cut content and fixes bugs.

Also, don't worry about not using firearms to avoid fighting in first person, melee is usually better for combat unless you play a clan that gives you Celerity and you invest in it as well. Even then, Celerity is also SUPER viable for melee. And in any case, combat is best as a last resort because you get XP only by completing objectives and you get bonus XP depending on how you do it, which usually involves taking nonviolent routes.

56 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

I haven't gotten to those yet as they're on my backlog, but in the timeline there's about several hundred years between the two games' events and with the exception of Beyond Divinity (which is meant to be a direct sequel to Divine Divinity) each game lets you know enough about the lore that you don't have to play any of the others.

Though if you did want to play the series in timeline order, this is how you'd do it:

0. Dragon Commander (entirely optional, because none of it will come up later)

1. Original Sin

2. Divine Divinity

3. Beyond Divinity

4. Original Sin 2

5. Divinity 2

I just realized I can get the whole package for $100 so I might just grab that next payday and go through it in order. Except for Dragon Commander as it's not in the package.

9 hours ago, Forked Out said:

So Baldur's Gate III. Anyone have opinions on what's been shown so far? I need a new single player RPG style game for the computer but I've never played anything from this series. 

On the same subject, does anyone have any RPG style games that they would recommend for PC that isn't MMORPG? I've honestly had enough with needing to rely on others to play a game.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Pillars of Eternity

Planescape: Torment

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Fallout / Fallout 2

Diablo/ Diablo 2 

Hand of Fate 

Titan Quest 

Dragon Age: Origins

Oooh, KOTOR is a good shout, and the Fallout games. KOTOR 2 as well, especially with mods.

Oh, also: The Mass Effect games, and Jade Empire.

• Like 1

I don’t do Star Wars. I always wanted to play Mass Effect but I think it was the 3rd that got such mixed reviews that I haven’t. Also if it’s on console, I’m always going to choose console over PC because that’s my style of gaming. I was more looking for RPG’s exclusive to PC because while I enjoy console gaming more, I know that PC RPG games are generally more robust. 

The mixed reviews were mostly due to EA being EA and a proper finale not being implemented until DLC came out, free DLC no less. ME3 is still the weaker of the trilogy but... well, lots of trilogies are like that, and there's still more good than bad. Hell, the Citadel DLC alone outweighs the bad of ME3. Also, I'm not sure how it ports to console, but if you can't have the entire trilogy on a single console I would just get it on PC, because your save files can be ported over from 1 to 2 then to 3, making your choices impact the story.

Spoiler

Also ME3's ending options didn't nearly make me as salty as ME1 deciding that my recommendation to rebuild the Council with the other races somehow became an endorsement for Anderson to lead the Citadel, which, uh, no it fucking wasn't, I was specifically NOT endorsing anyone to take over.

4 hours ago, Forked Out said:

I don’t do Star Wars. I always wanted to play Mass Effect but I think it was the 3rd that got such mixed reviews that I haven’t. Also if it’s on console, I’m always going to choose console over PC because that’s my style of gaming. I was more looking for RPG’s exclusive to PC because while I enjoy console gaming more, I know that PC RPG games are generally more robust. 

3rd got mixed reviews because they kind of released it before it was really finished. They did a patch that fixed that issue, and even added another ending choice.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Steam Summer Sale is officially starting tomorrow, the 25th at 12:55 EST and going until July 9th. I’ve got a lot on my list; I’m hoping the wait has been worth it.

Any games in particular catch your fancy? 

21 hours ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Oh geez, I’d have to look at my wishlist. But that’s probably only the half of it. I still want to get Wreckfest, I’m gonna get disco elysium, super mega baseball 3, and a few more I can’t remember. :lol: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/

• Haha 2