Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Nothing will ever top Gangsters: Organized Crime in that theme.

This. I miss that game.

I just loaded it up after I posted that, but it's been so long since I've played it I forgot what I was doing in the game I had saved.

I'm looking forward to giving it a try for the first time. I've always wanted to play it, but my old PC back in the day wasn't powerful enough to run it, and my subsequent systems used incompatible operating systems. Now that it'll apparently be fully compatible with Windows 7, I can finally see what the hype is about, hopefully.

I was half tempted at one point to pick up Awesomenauts, but...ehh.

I get everything I was hoping for (team play, different characters) from Awesomenauts from League of Legends...and it's free.

I've been meaning to spectate a few LoL games. Let me know when you're throwing down on one; would love to check it out.

Awesomenauts suffers from having just as an insufferable community as every other DOTA. I was sold on it as being a DOTA you could easily jump into and enjoy, but the first game (where I had barely any clue what to do, outside of what I learned from the tutorials) resulted in crazy amounts of abuse. I get that MOBA's are the type of game where you should master playing against bots before jumping into online... but seeing as everyone was selling Awesomenauts as being the first MOBA where you didn't need to worry about that, I was pretty disappointed. Would be a fun game playing with friends, though.

Awesomenauts suffers from having just as an insufferable community as every other DOTA. I was sold on it as being a DOTA you could easily jump into and enjoy, but the first game (where I had barely any clue what to do, outside of what I learned from the tutorials) resulted in crazy amounts of abuse. I get that MOBA's are the type of game where you should master playing against bots before jumping into online... but seeing as everyone was selling Awesomenauts as being the first MOBA where you didn't need to worry about that, I was pretty disappointed. Would be a fun game playing with friends, though.

Yeah. I've been checking out DOTA 2 in the last couple of days and while it's okay to watch, the community is borderline toxic. It's a YTS: YouTube Strategy game.

Do you have an account? The only way I know how to spectate is when you have someone on your friends list and they're in the game. It then gives you the option to watch.

I do. Reinstalling the game now, so I'll throw you my info once everything gets squared away.

I played DOTA2 first but was convinced to try LoL, it really is a lot more fun. You sometimes get abuse but nothing serious, just some idiots telling you to fuck your mother in broken English.

Oh and today I ordered the parts for my new PC (£750 :o)

Intel i5 3570k CPU

Gigabyte AMD 7950 GFX Card

8GB DDR3

120GB SSD

1TB HDD

+ some other stuff, so I'll be able to play most of my Steam library which I couldn't touch previously. :D

Yeah. I've been checking out DOTA 2 in the last couple of days and while it's okay to watch, the community is borderline toxic. It's a YTS: YouTube Strategy game.

>Do you have an account? The only way I know how to spectate is when you have someone on your friends list and they're in the game. It then gives you the option to watch.

I do. Reinstalling the game now, so I'll throw you my info once everything gets squared away.

Awesome!

I will likely be playing later on tonight after the Leafs game, or tomorrow after work.

And yeah, for the most part, the crowd on LoL isn't bad...you will sometimes get the odd asshole (someone pretending to be a pro gamer, people bitching at you for dying, calling people noobs, etc...), but they are few and far between.