Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Anyone know if it is possible to update steam games offline? I don't have internet at my new place but I'm at my mums using a laptop. Basically, I want the new FM patch.

Any ideas?

The Omerta 2 pack seems like a good deal. But i´ll hold of on that one. I want to love it so bad...

I was thinking the same thing ($25 instead of $30), but I dunno...it looks like it can be a lot of fun. but it also looks like it might be a dud. I wanna see some reviews.

Does anybody know how the hell to get game controllers to work with Steam games? I've gotten so used to my XBox that using a mouse and keyboard is seriously making me rethink whether getting any FPS and TPS games was a good idea.

No you don't. I bought a 360 pad which is called something like 360 PC controller, it came with a USB receiver and the pad. It was pretty much the same price as the 360 pad is normally, might have been like $5-10 more. Although it does take normally batteries without a play and charge kit. Having said that have used mine a bit and haven't needed to change batteries if it was the PS3 remote would easily have needed to charge it 3 times or so.

As long as it's switched on when you load the game it generally works as default control. Make sure your driver for it is up to date. Windows 7 recognised the 360 and wireless thing and said it was set up and it wasn't, needed to download the new driver off the MS site.

Anyone else find that Steam kinda sucks for redownloading games lately? I downloaded Dead Space again to give it another try and it's going at like, 100kb a sec. That's like... 1/100 of my max. >_> Also do you need anything in particular to use Big Picture? I'd like to try it, but I get the feeling my TV is probably missing some feature.

EDIT: Wait, so Big Picture is just another UI for Steam? That... really doesn't seem worth advertising. I knew I could set up my PC to my TV with a HDMI cable... it doesn't make it any less of a pain to drag it over to the TV with a new UI. >_> That sucks. I figured it was some cool new way they'd figured out how to wirelessly stream the video or something.