Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Well, Steam's on a rampage:

-Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition is a stupid $2.49.

-Jedi Outcast & KotOR 1 are $7.49 each. I played a bit of multi with Jedi back in college, wasn't terrible. KotOR is well worth it, though.

-Mini Ninjas is the Daily Special at $3.74. I've heard good things about it, but never could drag myself into the PS3 version.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, for those of you brave enough to have played through the first one, there is officially been announced a sequel to what is generally accepted as the scariest PC game ever made, Amnesia. I hope the link works as copied from mobile and just removed the m. part at the start, so have fun for those who shall purchase.

http://kotaku.com/5918669/a-terrifying-first-look-at-the-sequel-to-the-scariest-pc-game-ever

It will be interesting to see how it turns out under its new developers. Frictional have a great track record in the survival horror genre, having created the Penumbra series before Amnesia, so I hope that The Chinese Room can take the reigns and keep the atmosphere and tension from the original, hopefully building on it in some capacity.

For some reason i can´t find the civ 5 topic so i´ll put this here.

With an amazing amount of no hype the civ 5 ad one got released today. It is a bit pricey at 30€ so i´ll wait to see if it helps the game or i will just pick it up in a few weeks/month when it is on sale.

edit, or it´s not. I just got a email that said the mac version is around now. Steam sais it´s another two days.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The religion stuff is interesting, but it's really just another way to tailor your civilization to suit the style you want to play, much like the social policies. I've been playing a game on a large random map as Russia, and so far my only complaint is that it still feels like doing stuff takes way too long.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmlLCcHagwA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmlLCcHagwA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmlLCcHagwA?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last I'd heard was murmurings that it may not start until July? I thought this week was rumoured purely because it started on the 26th last year?

From what I read it was saying it apparently was always the last Thursday in June that started the sale.

In "I-don't-play-this-anymore-but-I'll-still-check-this-out" news, Meet The Pyro is going to be released in less than 3 days.

Holy shit, really? Awesome!

Meet The Medic was amazing...and that was released like a year ago. Pyro should be fun (and possibly announce TF3 with it? :shifty:)

In "I-don't-play-this-anymore-but-I'll-still-check-this-out" news, Meet The Pyro is going to be released in less than 3 days.

Holy shit, really? Awesome!

Meet The Medic was amazing...and that was released like a year ago. Pyro should be fun (and possibly announce TF3 with it? :shifty:)

It's entirely possible this could be the TF2/Adult Swim collaboration that has been teased for this week.