The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

Regarding Piazon: I wouldn't give up complete hope on Piazon just yet although I haven't heard much of him since the move to Chelsea was secured. I know at the U20 World Cup every touch was screamed at by teenage girls, he was an absolute superstar going into the tournament but was overshadowed by better players around him.

Mind you there's something to be said for players like that signing for Chelsea so young when you can almost guarantee there will be five different managers between the time he signs and the time he's deemed ready to play for the club, so it depends on how that manager sees him when he's a bit older.

Regarding Ganso: Since he was mentioned, he is looking for a move to Europe as soon as possible from Santos but all rumours seem to be he isn't going to be the talent he was hyped up to be. He may end up being another Hernanes, who was THE superstar to sign from Brazil not long ago and now he's under the radar for Lazio, despite playing superbly whenever I've watched them. Maybe Hernanes will command a move to an even bigger club in the future, but I think the calls of some for Sir Alex to go and sign Ganso as the solution to their creative midfield worries may be a little premature.

• Admin

Newcastle are in talks with Freiburg over Papiss Cisse. Freiburg have just signed a possible replacement striker too.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, and Newcastle have all apparently enquired about Michel Vorm, according to Swansea director John van Zweden.

Junior Hoilett's agent and father has hinted the Blackburn Rovers starlet will stay with the club for the remainder of the Premier League season. Blackburn have also finalised the capture of New Zealand starlet Tim Payne.

Paris St Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti claims he has been offered Fernando Torres, Dimitar Berbatov and Roman Pavlyuchenko during this month's transfer window.

Ancelotti claims he has been inundated with offers for strikers since taking over at Parc des Princes

"There is a lot of choice for this January market," Ancelotti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Since I signed for PSG I have received hundreds of calls from agents proposing their client: Falcao, Tevez, Torres, Berbatov, Pavlyuchenko, Cavani, Llorente.

"All want to come here: there is money, there is Paris, there is a good coach."

Torres. Berbatov. Pavlyuchenko.

One of these is not like the others.

I liked Carlo better when he was at Chelsea and instructed to say little or nothing about transfer activity. Typically, at a club run by excitable new Qatari owners, it would seem he's now being instructed to talk out of his arse. :shifty:

Although realistically it'll all be a ploy to try and convince City that they can't hold PSG to ransom over Tevez, or else they'll take their custom elsewhere.

David Weir is leaving Rangers to continue his playing career in England.

Celtic have signed Jarosław Fojut on a pre-contract arrangement, he will join this summer from Śląsk Wrocław.

West Brom have made a bid for Birmingham defender Liam Ridgewell.

Well, David Moyes did say he needed another centre half <_<

Senegal Zambia is on Eurosport on Saturday night, I already checked!

Edit: Bonus, the fee is €10m, so there's a tiny bit left of the £10m a year we get for calling our ground something stupid...

Edited by Colly