The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

''Chelsea to sell Torres in January'' - To say he hasn't had the best time of it is a massive understatement, but still... surely not?

Ah, the Daily Fail.

So after selling Anelka (and possibly Kalou) and losing Drogba to the African Cup of Nations for a month, what we're going to do in the meantime is sell another striker. For a massive loss. In January when good replacements are scarce and expensive.

Yeah. Lol. No.

''Chelsea to sell Torres in January'' - To say he hasn't had the best time of it is a massive understatement, but still... surely not?

PSG would likely snap him up.

Although I don't see it happening, a return to Liverpool would be interesting. If not, at least, to get us some pace up front.

I sometimes wonder about some Newcastle fans. There is a little group gathering on one of the facebook supporter groups that think we should demand a straight swap between Tiote and Torres.

As unrealistic as that is, I can only assume that they also think once a player is signed, they play for free or something.

I sometimes wonder about some Newcastle fans. There is a little group gathering on one of the facebook supporter groups that think we should demand a straight swap between Tiote and Torres.

As unrealistic as that is, I can only assume that they also think once a player is signed, they play for free or something.

:lol: "Let's swap the heart and soul of our midfield for someone who's not been at his best for over two years."

• Like 1

To be fair it was probably started by that Brazilian 'Newcastle fan' who pops up here every now and again.

Marcos Silva or something like that?

He is a worldclass plank.

It's more the fact that, apart from Colo, I doubt anyone at the club makes more than £40k a week and I'd guess Torres is on about £150k a week.

Real life needs a 'filter out unrealistic targets' tickbox.

• Like 2

And again, you wouldn't expect players like Malouda and Alex to take anywhere near the paycut they will have to if they were to come to Newcastle. Especially when there will be plenty of clubs out there willing to give them the money they want.

Logic and football fans never really have gone hand in hand though.