11-11-11 = Black Sabbath

SRN

that's fucked. You pay an extra 30 quid to sit in a field with your friends, drink your own alcohol and buy burgers for 3 quid a piece.

They've always done early bird tickets, while I too expect a price rise they've done them before even when the prices remained the same a few years ago.

I spose you're covering the cost of security and facilities for the extra day.

I'm sure the camps only used to open on Thursday morning before, now they open on the Wednesday.

Though I won't disagree that the organisers milk it for every last penny they can. I mean, £20 to park in a field? Outrageous.

The difference in the 3 and 5 days tickets are £10. That is all. And, apparently, its because the amount of rubbish left on site has increase over the years, as has the cost of security.

I'm sure it doesn't quite cost the amount they are charging, but they do have to turn a profit on top of everything.

My bad, I thought he'd said weekend tickets are 150.

Nope, all the tickets are quite expensive :S

I guess this is essentially the Download thread. Prodigy confirmed as the third headline act. Meh, I've seen them, they were alright, not really worth the hype they got, I'd see them again though I guess. No-one else announced yet though.

The ticket is sold for me on Metallica and Black Sabbath alone. I went to Sonisphere this year purely because of Metallica...got to say, Download is streets ahead of Sonisphere for the entire experience.

Prodigy...I dunno really, I expect if there is no good clash then I will go and see them, I do like some of their songs. But they don't massively scream 'DOWNLOAD HEADLINER!!!' to me. Doesn't matter, it could be a lot worse.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow...think I'll leave it til christmas to buy mine though. Also, Metallica are slated to play the entire Black Album during their set.

For those who don't like Prodigy (which includes me), they will almost certainly have a 'classic' act on as either 2nd or 3rd stage headliner. It wouldn't surprise me if they got someone like W.A.S.P. or something or a similar ilk.

• 1 month later...

I guess this is essentially the Download thread. Prodigy confirmed as the third headline act. Meh, I've seen them, they were alright, not really worth the hype they got, I'd see them again though I guess. No-one else announced yet though.

Assuming we are indeed using this as the Download 2012 thread, there are two announcements tonight. Firstly, on Zane Lowe's show (seomwhere between 7 and 7.45pm) he'll be announcing all three main stage subheadliners, as well as one of the second stage headliners.

Later, on Daniel P. Carter's show (around 12-12.30), they are announcing one of the third stage headliners, as well as 9 other bands.

Soundgarden!!!!! :D :D :D

Chase and Status :/

Biffy Clyro :D

youmeatsix :/

Tenacious D :) (Seen them once, it was fun, dunno if I'm that bothered)

Apparently the break down is as follows:

Friday: The Prodigy/Chase & Status

Saturday: Metallica/Biffy Clyro

Sunday: Black Sabbath/Soundgarden

Friday and Saturday are confirmed, and Sunday seems the most likely.