Fund the Angry Video Game Movie

Herr Matzat

Is the Tron one where SHE did the review mostly rather than the Chick? If it is, or if she was just featured far more than she should have been, then yeah. I remember her being the main reviewer for a movie and not caring for it.

I cant fault you for being a terrible person with that thinking. Im sure we have a lot worse things to feel terrible about. We ARE men, after all.

Oh, if I felt like wasting the few minutes I would watch those IGN videos on the Xbox strictly for the woman/women. I couldnt care if I could nitpick what she is saying apart (well, I COULD care as a geek).

Edited by Vitamin E

Yeah, well, I'm not proud of it, but no point pretending like it doesn't have something to do with it. >_>

I like that other guy from TGWTG too, I can't recall his name though. The one with the glasses that was Indiana Jones for the D&D Anniversary thing.

Brad Jones, or the Cinema Snob I think is his review show. I like his voice <_<. Ive yet to watch any of his movie reviews, but I did watch a video of him and his friend drinking weird drinks that have expired or something. It was oddly entertaining.

Like I said, I cant fault you OR your penis. I would watch the videos for the same reason.

I liked Spoonys FF reviews, even if I don't agree with them at all, but almost everything else he's done I just end up finding boring or I just completely disagree with him to the point I don't really want to watch the review.

Spoony tends to put out a lot of stuff at times that makes it imposible to be everybodys cup of tee and more than hit or miss. Right now he is telling a ton of storys from his LARP and Pen and Paper RPGs wich i am shure is not everybodys interest. But some stuff like "Yor - hunter from the future" is just realy great stuff.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2008/07/06/yor-movie-review/

He also did some good stuff on Movies based on fighting games.

I also like red letter media a lot. The Plinkett Reviews are very informativ but also funny (that serial killer subplot is just so wacky it cracks me up all the time.

I've not actually watched any AVGN in a long time, mainly because I forget. Although he can sometimes be a bit much with the swearing and the fake shitting on things. I've also found myself watching less and less Nostalgia Critic, as the episodes have gotten weaker over the last year or so.

When I go to TGWTG now it's for NChick (I like the intellectual beat as tkz puts it), Lupa (she's silly and actually gives something a positive review if she enjoys it), Todd In the Shadows (I got drawn in from him appearing in the Chick/Lupa videos), Mike Jeavons (Shameful Sequels is a wonderful show), Film Brain and Oncitizen. I've recently become a big fan of Phelous, he has this whole sardonic self aware schtick that is kind of fantastic. I was first drawn to him from listening to his commentaries with The Cinema Snob on Kickassia and Suburan Knights. The Cinema Snob is probably my favorite of the lot, although I tend to go to his site for his stuff (I think I watch nearly all of his shows bar 80s Dan, I haven't ever even bothered with half of what Doug Walker puts out), as I do with Linkara and Spoony (on the rare occasion he actually does a review and not a two hour vlog).

I tend to gravitate towards comedy internet reviews who, not only mock what they're 'reviewing' but either attempt actual critical discussion or cover a subject matter I don't know much about. Also, the lack of reliance on memes helps. Which is something of a problem with NC. He has all these call back meme type jokes, and quite often he hammers a joke to death.

This post didn't start off to be as a long as it turned out. :shifty:

Shameful Sequels is amazing. Lupa I enjoy, but she can do stuff that can irk me as well. But come on she has breasts so it's okay.

One of the jokes NC did recently is him telling the characters to get a clue, but he pretended to try to catch something slapped on in editing that said 'clue'. It wasnt anything offensive, but it wasn't funny at all either. I did like his Dougs First Movie review since he dislikes the Doug theme so much, especially with his reaction to the robot from the movie. It is definitely hit or miss with him, whereas the other people I watch are usually a hit, depending on what movie they review. Phealous and Film Brain make jokes, but for the most part they both usually tend to stick with simply pointing things out in the movie. Plus like Hbob said, Phealous has that self aware thing going for him which I enjoy.

Getting out one 20-30 minute review every week I imagine isnt the easiest thing, especially with editing, but still. The quality isnt as good as much of the time as it used to be, reason or not. It is just something that happens when something is around for a while. Ill still look at his videos if I recognize the movie, since at least I wont be watching him make jokes of something Ive never heard of.

• 2 months later...

It´s the finale days, go and put some in! Would be great if this ends up at over 1/4 of a million!

http://www.indiegogo.com/Angry-Video-Game-Nerd-The-Movie

James also posted some vLogs on making the movie up on his Blog. Untill now it´s mostly about moveing to LA. http://cinemassacre.com/

Also some nice info on a cameo/storyline that is planed.

Howard Scott Warshaw made some of the most well known Atari 2600 games such as Yars Revenge, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the infamous E.T. He is also the director of the documentary Once Upon Atari which you can find on his site. Lately, there’s been some news concerning him with AVGN: The Movie. I’ve been waiting to tell you all about it, but it’s better to hear it from the man himself. He wrote an article which was published recently in issue #116 of GamesTM magazine on page 132. I think it says it all. Give it a read!

UPDATE: Just to be clear, it’s not 100% locked and confirmed yet, but we have a scene for him. We’ve spoken about it. He likes it. So stay tuned.

This time, that someone is James Rolfe of CineMassacre Productions (creators of the Angry Video Game Nerd video series). He and his cohorts are putting together a movie about the E.T.-carts-buried-in-the-desert controversy (http://www.indiegogo.com/Angry-Video-Game-Nerd-The-Movie) and, as I said before, they sent me the script.

Why did they send me the script? Well, it turns out I’m actually IN the movie. So they figured since I’m a real person and I’m in the movie and I’m actually me and they wanted to use me as me in the actual movie and I didn’t even know yet that I was me in the movie although I did know I was me but I didn’t know I was in the movie, they had better let me know that I was in the movie as me and let me see if after I knew I was me playing me in the movie that I would be okay with being me in the movie as myself now that I knew there was actually a movie with me in it. Maybe that’s too much legalese, but that’s what movies are all about.

I read the script. I’m not issuing any spoiler alerts here because I’m not issuing any spoilers, but I do have to say one thing: this is the freshest take I’ve heard on the subject in 30 years, and I’ve heard a LOT of takes on this subject. After all these years, someone surprises me with a script that redefines my relationship with E.T. Astounding!

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/01/24/article-by-howard-scott-warshaw-programmer-of-atari-e-t-mentions-avgn-the-movie/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

• 2 weeks later...

First: I'm looking forward to this movie.

Second: I have an amazingly large crush on Lupa.

Third: Phelous is the best thing on TGWTG.

Fourth: Didn't Spoony at one point have more hours of wrestlewrestle per week than there was actual wrestling on mainstream TV?