Euro 2012

Lineker

Newcastle fans will be getting worried if Debuchy keeps playing this well. I never expected him to go to them anyways but he's having a great game, Inter Milan are reportedly interested and if he keeps playing like this then he's just going to keep attracting bigger and better clubs surely. Great game from him so far in my opinion.

Ugh.. Adrian Chiles' patter. Horrific.

1st half analysis, 1st 30 minutes we played well, final 15 minutes everybody stood in the box, can't play like that, more like the first 30 for the rest please, the French are there for the taking.

Debuchy has been quality so far.

Yeah I've been really impressed by his attacking play. I'd never even heard of him before!

I'd heard of him, but not seen him.

The time near the end of the half when he burst forward, then quickly got back to win possession again after they lost it, especially caught my eye.

I need there to be one more goal to win my bet!

How Cabaye is not in the book I'll never know. Could argue the fouls he made on Parker and Cole were worthy of one alone...

Still, can't really complain too much. We were great up until we scored. We were getting Young, Welbeck and Chamberlain on the ball really well. Not happy with how we've sat back but that was a good strike to be fair and but for that we'd be in 1-0 at half time and happy.

Just hoping we come out for the second half the same as we did the first.

Welbeck and Young look good up top and the Milner chance was a great one, anyone other than him though really. Nice to see Evra's kept up his poor defending at International level aswell, makes me feel a bit better about the season I've just watched. Taking the set piece was the only thing Gerrard did, but in this formation I suppose we have to accept that. Him and Parker didn't get out quick enough to Nasri's shot, but I think Parker actually runs across Hart's line of vision. Saying that though, he probably should have still kept it out.

Apart from the fact that Cabaye should have been booked, my only other thing from the first half is a small worry about Ox. Going forward he's been okay but he's falling asleep a bit defensively and leaving Cole alone. Debuchy has been brilliant going forward and I'd like to see Ox tracking him a little bit better.