Euro 2012

Lineker

• Admin

By the way, anybody else watch last night's Panorama? I was discussing this with Chris Rogers (the journalist who did the report) at work the other day. We agreed that we'd both be amazed if the tournament manages to pass without a serious incident occurring. Frightening stuff.

Seems a lot like the similar sort of hype that was given to the possibility of trouble before the World Cups in Germany and South Africa. And by the time we've watched the opening ceremony we'll have forgotten all about how dangerous it's supposedly going to be and the tournament will likely go off without a serious incident marring it.

Yeah, we discussed it briefly last night. It looks frightening, wouldn't like to go myself.

Edit: South Africa was never going to be dangerous for hooliganism, it cost way too much for people to travel just to cause trouble. Germany also clamp down on hooliganism very well and there was a high police presence over there. In Poland and Ukraine, particularly the latter, the same does not apply. You'd hope that everyone would be okay but the threat of violence in Poland/Ukraine is bigger than South Africa or Germany.

I've made a team for the fantasy league but the Sky Sports website is saying I already have an account with them, I have no memory of this and it won't send me my details via email despite being able to answer all the questions it asks me correctly. So in conclusion this thing is stupid.

Team would have been...

Manuel Neuer (GER)

-------------------------------

Sokratis Papastathopoulos (GRE)

Roman Hubnik (CZE)

Tomas Sivok (CZE)

Martin Olsson (SWE)

Mesut Ozil (GER)

Xavi Hernandez (SPA)

Arjen Robben (NED)

Lukas Podolski (GER)

Robin Van Persie (NED)

Robert Lewandowski (POL)

I've made a team for the fantasy league but the Sky Sports website is saying I already have an account with them, I have no memory of this and it won't send me my details via email despite being able to answer all the questions it asks me correctly. So in conclusion this thing is stupid.

Team would have been...

Manuel Neuer (GER)

Roman Hubnik (CZE)

Tomas Sivok (CZE)

Martin Olsson (SWE)

Mesut Ozil (GER)

Xavi Hernandez (SPA)

Arjen Robben (NED)

Lukas Podolski (GER)

Robin Van Persie (NED)

Robert Lewandowski (POL)

Do you have a SkyBet account? Or a Super Six account? It's the same details as those.

Team would have been...

Manuel Neuer (GER)

Roman Hubnik (CZE)

Tomas Sivok (CZE)

Martin Olsson (SWE)

Mesut Ozil (GER)

Xavi Hernandez (SPA)

Arjen Robben (NED)

Lukas Podolski (GER)

Robin Van Persie (NED)

Robert Lewandowski (POL)

Do you have a SkyBet account? Or a Super Six account? It's the same details as those.

I think I signed up for a Super Six account years ago and never used it. I've looked through my email account and I don't even receive emails from SkySports anymore, I know I used to at one point.

Who are people thinking of backing for top goalscorer?

Its going to be a difficult one for referees. There have been incidents in the last couple of years in the Europa League that have gone on with the referee turning a blind eye/ear to them during the game and then letting UEFA handle it afterwards and I imagine that is how a lot of them would prefer to continue. If a referee pulls a game off the pitch during a major tournament, its going to have huge ramifications.

The Dutch squad numbers are anounced. Im afraid rvp might end up at the bench. He has 16 and Huntelaar got 9. Please let me be wrong!!!!!

Apparently he asked for #16 because his son was born on the 16th of November.

The Dutch squad numbers are anounced. Im afraid rvp might end up at the bench. He has 16 and Huntelaar got 9. Please let me be wrong!!!!!

Apparently he asked for #16 because his son was born on the 16th of November.

Thank you, didn't know that :w00t:

Team would have been...

Manuel Neuer (GER)

Roman Hubnik (CZE)

Tomas Sivok (CZE)

Martin Olsson (SWE)

Mesut Ozil (GER)

Xavi Hernandez (SPA)

Arjen Robben (NED)

Lukas Podolski (GER)

Robin Van Persie (NED)

Robert Lewandowski (POL)

I think I signed up for a Super Six account years ago and never used it. I've looked through my email account and I don't even receive emails from SkySports anymore, I know I used to at one point.

Who are people thinking of backing for top goalscorer?

Its going to be a difficult one for referees. There have been incidents in the last couple of years in the Europa League that have gone on with the referee turning a blind eye/ear to them during the game and then letting UEFA handle it afterwards and I imagine that is how a lot of them would prefer to continue. If a referee pulls a game off the pitch during a major tournament, its going to have huge ramifications.

I quite fancy Benzema. In fact, I wouldn't mind a double on Netherlands to win and Benzema top scorer.