Euro 2012

Lineker

Makes absolutely perfect sense, but it just feels so detached (and I'm aware how daft that sounds when ITV are doing a match in Donetsk) which I assume is why they keep going to Shearer and Keown stood on the side of the pitch. It's probably just me being used to the standard new studio overlooking something pretty to be honest.

I heard a rumour they were moving over there for the knockouts though, is that right?

I don't get why they have always felt the need, before this tournament, to go abroad to sit in another studio that happens to have a backdrop. It doesn't add much to the coverage. ITV's studio coverage this tournament looks they're on the set of This Morning.

Maybe ITV consider having Adrian Chiles spend half the build-up talking about the crap outside the window ("oh there were some guys playing the drums down there and now they've stopped for a smoke") to be less hideous than having him talk for longer about football, thus justifying all the added expense.

You guys miss out on RTE punditry. We have Didi! Grumpy old Johnny Giles, possibly drunk Eamon Dunphy, Liam Brady and a severely balding Kenny Cunningham.

It's equal part grump old men, sniping, Hamann's accent and mostly they're entertaingly illinformed!

I prefer ITV for once, I like the pundits and the fact they are there brings in the atmosphere of the tournament, obviously the beeb have decided to save money and for me it shows. Saying that I would probably watch BBC over ITV if it was a choice purely due to lack of adverts.

However, I think the cost cutting is going to start hurting their quality of show, I think this weeks F1 coverage by them was pretty poor, I know they only had the highlights but standing on a jetty in the middle of a lake and cutting to interviews with the drivers is nowhere near the in it and amongst it standard they've set themselves.

And yet they're happy to do those pointless 'on the road' Football Focus shows. I know the cost is a fraction of overseas trips, but why bother for a decent show that sadly usually clashes with the buildup to a Saturday lunchtime Premiership game?