Euro 2012

Lineker

Oh they've heard it Jouzy, they just think it's absolutely dumb.

Which it is.

I can't wait til we have WR10 back for the Ukraine game, we really need him. I'm not sure how effective DW22 and AC9 are capable of being against Sweden.

• Like 1

The prevalence of CR7 comes from the additional need to distinguish him from other Ronaldos. People are generally happy to type Ronaldo, but writing Cristiano Ronaldo in full is a step too far!

It doesn't help when he first went to Madrid he was #9, and about 6 months before he went to Madrid he actually copyrighted CR9

I think it this point with context just saying Ronaldo is fine.

Watching the match yesterday I had a look on the red button to try to tune out Lawrenson, but sadly doing so sent me to the standard definition picture so I had to cope with him. I like the BBCs football coverage on a whole, but Lawrenson is without doubt the worst second commentator on any channel, and that includes Channel 5. He offers nothing at all in terms of 'expert comment', frequently either talks shite or doesn't talk at all, and spends more time on his shit jokes than on any actual research. I have absolutely no idea how he got the job, and is living evidence for giving the license payer some say on what its spent on.

Also he claimed to have 'just made up' "TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More", which I definitely heard Gary Busey say a decade ago...

Lawrenson sounded surly, inebriated, like he'd rather be anywhere else and as if he loathed being there because it had conflicted with a holiday he wanted to go on. It was frustrating to listen to as he talked down about everything, refused to get excited by anything remotely good and offered all the insight of that bloke down the pub that we all know and who we just agree with to try and get him to stop talking.

He knows he can get away with saying what he likes and doing no research or leg work because it's jobs for the boys and he's one of the boys.

Edited by IAceI

Glad its not just me. I actually pray for a Keys and Gray-gate scenario allowing the beeb to clear him out (and possibly Hansen, not half as bad but not half as knowledgeable about the modern game as he likes to think he is) and just bring up someone like Keown or Dixon who do a decent job on the 'b' games and shows. Bringing in Gary Neville improved Sky massively last season, while the BBC persist with fucking Lawro.

You might have noticed I'm not a fan.

On the commentator front I'm finding that Clive Tyldesley hasn't been that annoying so far, maybe it's because he hasn't been in full THERE WAS THE BATTLE OF THERMOPYLAE, THERE WAS THE BATTLE OF THE ALAMO AND NOW THERE IS CHELSEA VS BARCELONA mode.

But yes, Townsend and Lawrenson have been particularly loathsome. I spotted some Jonathan Pearce hate in here earlier but I quite like him. Mark Bright is shit, as usual John Champion and Craig Burley can do one but aside from those I've enjoyed most commentators so far. Though the pundits on BBC continue to be lazy and obnoxious, save only for the wonderful Clarence Seedorf.

On the pundit front I've found Jamie Carragher quite annoying, particularly his argument with Roy Keane about Ronaldo yesterday where for the first time ever I found myself agreeing with Keane. Less said about 'Steeeevey' the better. I'll let him off though since he's new to it, not everyone can be G Nev.

Actually the worst thing about the studio stuff so far is the BBC being in the MOTD studio. I know we're in a recession, but you sent Dan Walker round South Africa in a bus two years ago, I'm sure you can stretch to a bit of studio space and a few hotels. Whereas lunchy, Southgate and Martinez look to be loving Poland.

Edited by Colly