Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

I was just offered a cookie in line by some kid too young to be buying this game.

Oh jeez, this. For a midnight release, the amount of kids and parents with them buying the game for them was ridiculous. This is a school night, and you're out past midnight with them buying an M rated game for them? Quality parenting.
  • Like 1

How about a separate thread for spoilers and discussion of gameplay while us plebs are waiting for the postman to ring twice? My missus isn't around for him to shag, so I doubt he'll hang around for me

I think that's not really needed cos in a few hours pretty much everyone will have it anyway no?

Just picked my copy up. I still can't wrap my head around buying a strategy guide when you've not even played the game yet.

I think that's not really needed cos in a few hours pretty much everyone will have it anyway no?

Just picked my copy up. I still can't wrap my head around buying a strategy guide when you've not even played the game yet.

100%'ers. I do it with FF games. Play it once without the guide, then start a new game aiming for 100%.

I've had a text to say somethings getting delivered today. Bearing in mind I a) haven't ordered GTA (skint and my 'to play' pile is huge) and b) am in London for the next two days, I think Royal Mail are trolling me.

100%'ers. I do it with FF games. Play it once without the guide, then start a new game aiming for 100%.

Yeah but even then...doesn't everyone have the internet nowadays? :shifty:

• Like 1

I've been playing the game for 40 minutes. First "holy shit it's GTA" moment was when I ran into some random thief driving down the street, boxed him in between a couple cars, dragged him out, and Garvin Stomped him to death.

• Like 2

Yeah but even then...doesn't everyone have the internet nowadays? :shifty:

I like having a physical guide with me, helps me keep track.

I haven't delved into customisation, I got a near-bald haircut and some stubble for Franklin and that's it. Does anyone know if you can customise the crosshair? The tiny one you get is tough for me to aim in the wrong lighting/background.

Oh, and my gamertag is benjirino, but send me a message somewhere when you add me, cause I tend to ignore names I don't recognise.

For a current gen game and the size of the world. It does look very nice. There's a scene with Trevor when you overlook Los Santos at night and it looks amazing.

I went to the top of Mount Chiliad last night on a quad which was fun but the weather was awful so the view was terrible. Then I attempted to jump off the quad and parachute onwards but ended up being impaled on a tree :(

• Like 3

For anyone who doesn't know already, I'm mechamummy on XBox Live. ADD ME.

First impression is that I'm liking it but after a week and a half of heavy San Andreas playing it's clear I'm going to need time to adjust. I definitely don't love the tiny dot crosshair, and the controls feel very weighted where I think SA had the perfect balance. When I played Vice City the controls were way too loose for the way I like to scramble around and be reckless, but V is taking a while for me to adjust to. World itself looks fantastic. The camera angle is another thing I have to process but everything looks really good, and I loved being able to suddenly just drop in on a robbery in progress and take down the thief.

I'm now going to bed because I have work in the morning but I imagine my entire afternoon/evening is going to be GTA non-stop.