Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

I will be glad when this will all be over. At least I'm not working midnight now, but I do have to open the shop at 8am tomorrow.

Also, Rockstar can take a fucking hike. They have been utter bitches about the entire launch process. They put out a mandate that no one take the promotional bunting home. Bunting. Who gives a shit? And we're supposed to be seals over the guides so no one can look at them before they're on sale. Although I have looked in it >_>

Quite hilarious considering the piss poor job they've done of making sure copies don't leak early. :P

So I think I'm going to be getting this for 360. If I end up not liking it too much it'll be my mistake, but I'm hoping the friends I have getting it and hopefully getting into some sessions with you guys will be enough to make it fun (as the GTA IV multiplayer looks plenty fun from what I've seen). Depending how I'm feeling after my class tonight I might be going to the midnight release as well (then promptly to bed <_<)

Is there an EWB crew on the Rockstar social club yet for 360?

Edited by Vitamin E

So I think I'm going to be getting this for 360. If I end up not liking it too much it'll be my mistake, but I'm hoping the friends I have getting it and hopefully getting into some sessions with you guys will be enough to make it fun (as the GTA IV multiplayer looks plenty fun from what I've seen). Depending how I'm feeling after my class tonight I might be going to the midnight release as well (then promptly to bed <_<)

Is there an EWB crew on the Rockstar social club yet for 360?

....a link was posted.

On this page.

• Like 2

I was too lazy to look through the 3 unread pages I had when I posted :P

But I requested an invite. Should be from goomaestro005 for whoever might be in charge of that sort of stuff.

Edited by Vitamin E

Having gained an early sneak peek at the game through my l33t hacker skillz, I've taken the liberty to come with an ultra detailed plan for the first online heist mission.

heistplan.png

• Like 7

Whilst Dan's effort is obviously great, I had a play around in the editor again. Given the nature of the this community and the primary reason for it's creation, coupled with the name 'Hitmen', I figured I'd take inspiration from an obvious source:

post-6-0-35284900-1379372668_thumb.jpg

There's no proper way to use letters outside of crudely using shapes so I couldn't go so far as to put Hitmen in but I'm sure someone more able could do that if they had the patience.

• Like 2

Whilst Dan's effort is obviously great, I had a play around in the editor again. Given the nature of the this community and the primary reason for it's creation, coupled with the name 'Hitmen', I figured I'd take inspiration from an obvious source:

attachicon.gifemblem.jpg

There's no proper way to use letters outside of crudely using shapes so I couldn't go so far as to put Hitmen in but I'm sure someone more able could do that if they had the patience.

Can you tweak colors? If so, add orange.

That reminds me, apparently the reason behind not installing the play disc if yr on 360 is it causes a lot of pop in, missing textures etc etc. There's a video showing a comparison here:

I think RS said they were going to comment on it more tomorrow. I can only speculate that since they knew they'd need this big install to make the game the best it could be, with the fractured nature of the 360 install base with all manner of hard drive sizes (or no HD at all), they'd try and make the main game as efficient as possible when it comes to loading or what have you straight off the disc. Like I said earlier, sucks but I guess I'll come to live with it. It will seem alien to have the disc spinning the whole time though. Not really played through a game without having it installed in years.

EDIT: But apparently if you want to go discless, installing the Play disc to a USB stick works well, obviously depending on yr stick.

And Maxx, I changed the pink to Orange but publishing emblems is a bit iffy on the site right now but it's saved at least so I can try publishing it later for use.

post-6-0-45414800-1379376797_thumb.jpg

It feels like this is taking forever. I know it's only 3 and half hours, but midnight is so far away! :(

Consider yourself lucky. I have to be up at 5 a.m. and work, so I won't be playing till 2 p.m. at the earliest.
  • Like 2