Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

Or we could do the heist, leave him there, but then be like oh sorry Ruki, hold on we'll come back. Then we run him over.

Ha, Ruki, your odds for surviving are way higher in Payday.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/why-grand-theft-auto-online-is-crazy-enough-to-work-6412714/?tag=Topslot%3bSlot1

A large preview for the mode, here's some highlights

• -There's a stock market, which won't be available at launch but will be insane whenever Rockstar does put it in. You can invest in a car manufacturer and then storm around the city destroying every one of their cars so they have to pump out more (and their stock increases accordingly). Wow.
  • -There's also a fascinating new take on spectator mode, GameSpot reports: you could be in your apartment and see a police car down below your window somewhere, turn on the TV, and watch one of your friends run-n-gun with cops in real time.
  • -"It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA 5," Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies toldCVG. "Obviously it's set in the GTA 5 engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."
  • -When the multiplayer mode launches, it'll be accessible through your character select wheel: in addition to the main three characters, Michael, Trevor, and Franklin, you'll have a fourth option for multiplayer.
  • -GTA Online will initially cover the same terrain as the pseudo-California-based GTA V. But Rockstar is hinting that we'll be breaking those borders at some point. From the company's official description: "Grand Theft Auto Online … begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch.."
  • -AI characters "will react to the urgency in your voice," CVG says. Whoa. And... "Suddenly, a Rockstar developer sat next to us starts chatting into his headset and his on-screen character does the same, lip-synching broadly in time."
  • -While GTA Online seems like it's mostly made for multiplayer, there'll be ways to solo at least some of it. According to Rockstar: "In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions…"

Guys I can't wait till we convince Ruki to buy stocks in a company and then we make sure all of their cars are just fine and last a long time so then he loses all his money.

Then we shoot him.

• Like 6

I think we need to follow EWB tradition and open a dedicated GTA sub forum to house all of our game related discussions.

If we could then temporarily ban me from said forum until release date so I wouldn't be tempted to keep clicking on this thread everytime it's the latest post. that'd be grand.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was kind of sad we never had one of those for GTA 4, I remember the one for San Andreas fondly. Christ I've been on here for a long time.

The more I see more and more stuff being announced by Rockstar, the more I think ''How on earth can all this be true''. Because really this sounds too good to be true, but knowing Rockstar this is truth.

Man, my expectations are way too high right now.

Can't wait to do a heist and then leave Ruki behind with a bullet in his head.

This isn't Payday.

Plus...screw banks! I am knocking over liquor stores.

With your massive fat butt?

I assume the multiplayer is on the disc (or 2nd disc for 360?) and they'll just release a patch to enable it come Oct 1st? Or is it gonna be some extra download?

Man, the latter would be bad. As if waiting those extra weeks wouldn't be enough, then you'd have everybody in the world trying to download it at once.

• Like 1

I'm fairly sure in Leslie Benzies' interview with CVG it's all included on the disc and ready to go, it'll just be a small download to unlock it (he said something like it'll just be a "line of code" needed).

edit:

So your multiplayer avatar will appear after two weeks?

Yes.

There won't be any other download required?

There may be a tiny download, but it'll just be a code. We've just got to figure out how that will work with Sony and Microsoft.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/423020/gta-v-interview-rockstar-north-president-leslie-benzies-on-gta-online/