Studio Ghibli

Liam

Howl's and Mononoke are no nos. Laputa might be a bit difficult for the kids to follow, plus there isn't really much in there for the kids to like. The pirate chase scenes are fantastic, especially on the trains and the airship later on. The pirate airship is my favourite of all of the Ghibli airships.

I think I'd have loved Laputa as a kid. I've got friends who saw it around six/seven and didn't see it again until their twenties, barely remembered a thing about it, but it stuck with them. It barely matters if they can follow the plot - there's enough imagery in there that their imaginations will run away with, especially the robots.

• 1 month later...

Love me a bit of Ghibli, Pom Poko is my favourite but closely followed by Howl and Spirited Away...Although, I can't believe no one has mentioned 'My Neighbours the Yamadas', it is a truly phenomenal sunday morning lie-in with a cup of tea film. Plus it's beautifully animated.