EWBFL 12 (Online Madden League)

DYSI

I needed a new QB in order to meet the roster minimums, so Sexy Rexy is off the market.

I played an amazing game against Kansas City too. My QB is still absolute garbage, but I was able to use MoJo and short passes to put up a touchdown and then let my defense do the rest. I went into the forth quarter leading 7-3, and then two things happened: Matt Kassel started playing like Tom Brady, and my QB started playing like Marsha Brady. My pivot ended up with 6 completions on the day and 5 interceptions. Kansas? They dropped a 25 point quarter. A 25 point quarter. Good god it's going to be a long year.

Jaguars (Sean) - QB Rex Grossman

Texans (Drags) - DT Ed Johnson

Lions (DM) -

Vikings (mystkiz) -

Panthers (DYSI) -

Chargers (Maxx) -

Chargers (Maxx)

Panthers (DYSI)

Vikings (mystkiz)

Lions (DM)

Texans (Drags)

Jaguars (Sean)

Drags sent a list so his selection is DT Ed Johnson. DM is up next.

I have three trades I wish to make, which annoyingly, won't actually go through until week 2, but whatever. <_<

Phillip Rivers, QB, 96

Quentin Jammer, CB, 85

Brandon Gibson, WR, 76

To the Titans for:

Kenny Britt, WR, 92

Courtland Finnegan, QB, 86

The Titans are losing a receiver, but gaining an infinitely better QB than anything they have on their roster. A Super Bowl AND EWBFL MVP no less :shifty: Finnegan and Jammer are a bit of push, really reluctant to even include Jammer as he was a key for INTs for me, but Finnegan is one of my favorite non-Cowboys players in the league. Gibson is thrown in because I have a glut of wide receivers.

Ryan Matthews, RB, 87

To the Colts for:

Robert Mathis, LE, 86

Ryan Matthews did not figure prominently into my offense last season as he was injured all year, and I've drafted a replacement for him anyways. LE is one my positions of need and the Colts have terrible RBs, so they get a good, young one in return. I'd say this is the least objectionable of the three.

And finally....

Donovan McNabb, QB, 77

Marcus Gilchrist, CB, 78

To the Broncos for:

Our lord and savior, Tim Tebow, QB, 77, may peace be with you.

Lets see, in the EWBFL universe, he never plays because the Broncos still have Kyle Orton, so really I'm just trading backup QBs here. Gilchrist is in there as a sweetener, and everyone gets to watch my QB numbers plummet as I attempt to win with a guy who has 76 accuracy after I threw for 30 INTs with a guy who had 97 <_<

Anyone have real problems with those moves?

If I want another free agent, do I have to wait or can I play my game regardless?

Yeah, I'd prefer anyone who still wants free agents to wait to play their first game.

I have three trades I wish to make, which annoyingly, won't actually go through until week 2, but whatever. <_<

Phillip Rivers, QB, 96

Quentin Jammer, CB, 85

Brandon Gibson, WR, 76

To the Titans for:

Kenny Britt, WR, 92

Courtland Finnegan, QB, 86

The Titans are losing a receiver, but gaining an infinitely better QB than anything they have on their roster. A Super Bowl AND EWBFL MVP no less :shifty: Finnegan and Jammer are a bit of push, really reluctant to even include Jammer as he was a key for INTs for me, but Finnegan is one of my favorite non-Cowboys players in the league. Gibson is thrown in because I have a glut of wide receivers.

Ryan Matthews, RB, 87

To the Colts for:

Robert Mathis, LE, 86

Ryan Matthews did not figure prominently into my offense last season as he was injured all year, and I've drafted a replacement for him anyways. LE is one my positions of need and the Colts have terrible RBs, so they get a good, young one in return. I'd say this is the least objectionable of the three.

And finally....

Donovan McNabb, QB, 77

Marcus Gilchrist, CB, 78

To the Broncos for:

Our lord and savior, Tim Tebow, QB, 77, may peace be with you.

Lets see, in the EWBFL universe, he never plays because the Broncos still have Kyle Orton, so really I'm just trading backup QBs here. Gilchrist is in there as a sweetener, and everyone gets to watch my QB numbers plummet as I attempt to win with a guy who has 76 accuracy after I threw for 30 INTs with a guy who had 97 <_<

Anyone have real problems with those moves?

Titans/Chargers Trade... Trade wise it seems even enough, but the overall picture I don't think it'll work. The Titans would then have four QBs over 78 OVR and would still have four WRs, however losing a 92 in exchange for a 76 (third best on team), Jammer and Finnegan are a wash but I'm not a fan of the overall move and how it leaves the Titans. (N)

Colts/Chargers Trade... Again, the swap itself seems fine but once you get into team needs it doesn't really make much sense for the Colts. They already have three RBs at or over 80 OVR and another at 74 OVR. On the other end of the stick, you're taking their second best DE and the next closet best is 10 OVR less than the one you're picking up. (N)

Broncos/Chargers Trade... This I don't see anything wrong with really. McNabb is a bit old but Tebow isn't their starter and probably won't get any playing time in the near future with Orton around, plus they get a talented young CB. (Y)

EDIT --

Lions (DM) - FS Bob Sanders

Vikings (mystkiz) - WR Ronald Johnson

Panthers (DYSI) - LG Chester Pitts

Chargers (Maxx) -

Chargers (Maxx)

Panthers (DYSI)

Vikings (mystkiz)

Lions (DM)

Texans (Drags)

Jaguars (Sean)

Myst sent a list and I picked up so Maxx is up twice if he chooses so.

Edited by Do You Smell It?

Rudy Niswanger, C

Jyles Tucker, ROLB

I figured the Titans one would meet some resistance. There's only three teams in the league, that have sub 80 starting QBs, the Dolphins, the Seahawks and the Redskins and all of them are barren when it comes to talent I'd want back in exchange for Rivers, unless you want me to add Brandon Marshall to my team :shifty: So if that's one of your major stumbling points, then trading Rivers is going to be nearly impossible for me to do and get back good value, because I'm not looking to take back a QB. On top of that, Rivers is one of the highest rated players in the game, so if I'm trading him, I should get back someone over a 90 rating. Jake Locker might be an 82, but there are only 4 starting QBs with a lower rating than him.

As for the Colts issue, good as Robert Mathis is, he's also old. I can work in Corey Liuget and take back one of the Colts RBs if that makes it work for everyone. Keep in mind, after two drafts, most teams have several RBs over 80. In fact, the only ones that don't have two RBs over 80 are the Steelers, Broncos, Chiefs, Giants and Rams. I can't send Matthews to any of them, because he wouldn't be a starter, as all of them besides the Broncos have 90+ rated RBs, and the Broncos have Moreno at 88. Again, I understand your opposition to the trade, but it severely handicaps my ability to make a fair trade.

Ryan Matthews, 87

Corey Liuget, 77

For

Robert Mathis, 86

Najee Bujari, 74

Phillip Rivers, 96

Quentin Jammer, 85

Vincent Brown, 81

for

Kenny Britt, 92

Courtland Finnegan, 86

Better? With the Rivers thing, I'm giving them my second best WR, which is the best I can do. I'm giving them Rivers, who's 14 points better than their best QB, and is the 4th best QB in the game. I'm not going to give up Vincent Jackson too.

Rudy Niswanger, C

Jyles Tucker, ROLB

I figured the Titans one would meet some resistance. There's only three teams in the league, that have sub 80 starting QBs, the Dolphins, the Seahawks and the Redskins and all of them are barren when it comes to talent I'd want back in exchange for Rivers, unless you want me to add Brandon Marshall to my team :shifty: So if that's one of your major stumbling points, then trading Rivers is going to be nearly impossible for me to do and get back good value, because I'm not looking to take back a QB. On top of that, Rivers is one of the highest rated players in the game, so if I'm trading him, I should get back someone over a 90 rating. Jake Locker might be an 82, but there are only 4 starting QBs with a lower rating than him.

As for the Colts issue, good as Robert Mathis is, he's also old. I can work in Corey Liuget and take back one of the Colts RBs if that makes it work for everyone. Keep in mind, after two drafts, most teams have several RBs over 80. In fact, the only ones that don't have two RBs over 80 are the Steelers, Broncos, Chiefs, Giants and Rams. I can't send Matthews to any of them, because he wouldn't be a starter, as all of them besides the Broncos have 90+ rated RBs, and the Broncos have Moreno at 88. Again, I understand your opposition to the trade, but it severely handicaps my ability to make a fair trade.

Ryan Matthews, 87

Corey Liuget, 77

For

Robert Mathis, 86

Najee Bujari, 74

Phillip Rivers, 96

Quentin Jammer, 85

Vincent Brown, 81

for

Kenny Britt, 92

Courtland Finnegan, 86

Better? With the Rivers thing, I'm giving them my second best WR, which is the best I can do. I'm giving them Rivers, who's 14 points better than their best QB, and is the 4th best QB in the game. I'm not going to give up Vincent Jackson too.

That's better. Although does anyone else oppose? Feel free to add in your opinions. (Y)

-

Chargers (Maxx) - C Rudy Niswanger

Chargers (Maxx) - ROLB Jyles Tucker

Panthers (DYSI) - SS Quintin Demps

Vikings (mystkiz) - WR Riley Cooper

Lions (DM)

Texans (Drags)

Jaguars (Sean)

Made my pick and used Myst's list, so now DM is up.

I don't see the Colts dealing Mathis to be honest.

The Titans one is weird, I guess because there's no real world precedent. closest you're going to get to Rivers being traded is the Cutler/Orton swap. Jammer for Finnegan is essentially redundant which essentially leaves Rivers and Brown for Britt, which just doesn't make sense. Then again, trading Rivers away at all doesn't really make sense, so whatever, I guess.

No problem with the Tebow trade.

Ryan Matthews, RB, 87

Antwan Odom, LE, 76

To the Giants for:

Osi Unemyiora, LE, 82

Osi is a back up, they get a back up LE in return. Yes, the Giants have Bradshaw who is a 90, but their next best RB is a 76. That is literally one of the only ways I can get an end of comparable value for Matthews. And I have to feel dirty for trading with the Giants.

Lions (DM) - K Josh Scobee

Texans (Drags) - LT Tony Ugoh

Jaguars (Sean)

Jaguars (Sean)

Texans (Drags) - MLB Russell Allen

Lions (DM) -

Vikings (mystkiz) -

Panthers (DYSI) -

Chargers (Maxx) -

This will probably be the final round, so make sure you have all your minimum needs in order to play your game. Used Drags list he gave me for his FA picks and Sean played so it's back on DM.

Oh we can just start playing? Righteous.

Assuming you don't want to pick up another free agent, yes.

Lions (DM) - K Josh Scobee

Texans (Drags) - LT Tony Ugoh

Jaguars (Sean)

Jaguars (Sean)

Texans (Drags) - MLB Russell Allen

Lions (DM) - QB Scott Tolzien

Vikings (mystkiz)

Panthers (DYSI) - RE Eric Norwood

Chargers (Maxx) -

Since Myst said he'll be gone til Friday, I skipped over him and made my selection. Not sure if Maxx played his game yet, but he's up if he wants to sign a FA. I'll post the schedule for Week 1 shortly.