Games on Smartphones

BuddyAwesome

If you want one there is a large number for you to buy from. Big price range.

I use the just mobile AluPen to draw (it brings a nice amount of weight and is very responsive). But i think for your iPhone it might look a bit hefty.

http://www.macworld.com/article/156560/2011/05/touchscreen_stylus_roundup.html

I think the Ten One Pogo Stylus is one often recommended for the iPhone.

I am angry! I wanna download Baseball Superstars 2012, but my phone said there wasn't enough storage (a lie). So, I delete the marketplace data (I heard that this was a fix), and still nothing! Now I have an e-mail out, hoping someone will help :(

Has anyone played Spectral Souls or Generation of Chaos? They're both tactical RPGs on Android, $14.98 a pop. Kind of curious about them, they look a lot like Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre, and I haven't seen many other tactical RPGs on the Android Market (ex-squeeze me, I mean the Google Play Store).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god Adventure Bar Story.

Addicted to it right now. According to the game I've spent 10 hours on it already and I have a feeling I've still got a whole lot of story still to go through. It's essentially the best bits of an RPG mixed with the rather awesome cooking sections from things like Harvest Moon. IAP is there but it's not necessary (it did help at the beginning though, when I got the Zweihander for Siela and quickly started going through everything in the first couple of dungeons with ease).

ATM, I'm just about to go in to the Desert. My party is:

Siela - Lv. 31, Fred & Alder - Lv. 30

I'd use the mage and the thief but they seem a bit weaker overall compared to Fred and Alder. ATM I'm just trying to get as many Blackshrooms and Platinum Tuna from Lar to try and gain a couple levels first though, since I wandered in and very quickly realised I would get my ass handed to me...

Anyone else playing it?

I was going to get it but I'd have to update my iOS and then my iPhone wouldn't be jailbroken anymore :(

On a lighter note, I love how I only sold 20 million consoles on Game Dev Story but a couple of games sold 35 million or higher.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New game come out today called Little Masters. It's effectively the closest thing I've seen to Pokemon on an iOS system. It's freemium, so there is in-app purchasing all over the place but you don't have to rely on it at all, it's just a case of "wait __ minutes for it to hatch / find another monster, or pay __ coins". You can earn coins in game too though so it's not an issue. Anyway, it seems very much up on online battling so I think we should get some EWB people on it!

When it comes to pokemon "like" games i can recommend dragon island blue. It´s about ctching monsters and fighting/training them. The world map view is not to sexy, but the monster models are great and i have not hit the pay wall at any time. It´s only been out for a week and is only 1$.

Is Little Masters the one that was apparently made by some sort of thing that randomises actual pokemon by using different body parts or something? I think I read that once.

Not really. Some of them do look like Pokemon though (there's one that's the spitting image of Purrloin)