Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Whoa, that was never a red card against Spain. Shocking decision. As far as that goal being De Gea's fault, I don't expect him to save it but I'd expect better form than throwing a leg aimlessly at it. Drop down and use your arms man.

Or come and claim a ball that ends up in your six yard box.

Whoa, that was never a red card against Spain. Shocking decision. As far as that goal being De Gea's fault, I don't expect him to save it but I'd expect better form than throwing a leg aimlessly at it. Drop down and use your arms man.

no keeper would try to stop that with his arms. so close to him, so quick. best option is to make yourself big and hope to block it. he shoulda stepped off his line and claimed it.

and yeah, i don't rate Rose at all personally.

Red all day long, last man too. That coupled with the fact that the referee stopped them from taking the free kick quick and them scoring, had no choice but to send him off.

Brazil/Egypt game is really good. Missed the first half but Egypt are somehow still in it, opened Brazil up a few times. So far Spain and Brazil really have looked poor defensively. Only a game in so far though.

no keeper would try to stop that with his arms. so close to him, so quick. best option is to make yourself big and hope to block it. he shoulda stepped off his line and claimed it.

and yeah, i don't rate Rose at all personally.

Ehhh, making yourself look big works for an oncoming player, but if the ball is in the box and there is only one place the guy is looking to shoot, I'd either drop down and throw my body there or move towards the area that is open. I only caught a quick replay so I'll concede that maybe I missed something, but the floppy leg he threw was definitely not the way to go >_>.

Edit: A red for what? Wanting to try and get the ball? I'll watch again but he doesn't do anything aggressive or dangerous. Was he the last man? Did he stop a definite goal-scoring opportunity? Just didn't see a whole lot wrong with it to be honest with you.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

Ball went passed him quite quickly, and low, the time it takes to throw out a leg is shorter than the time it takes for him to drop his body. You see things like that every week in the top European Leagues though, the defender just let Otsu run to the ball and get a clean header so the blame lies at Montoya in my argument, De Gea is just loved for a conceded corner goal.

I bet if you go to the local park later on you'll see the Senegal Olympic football team, they love a slide.