Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Yeah Rose isn't really a left back at all, he can play there but he's as much of a left back as Gareth Bale is.

he isn't a left back at all? apart from when he plays there regularly. he's a left back/winger.

Wow, sports commentators in America really seem to have a gigantic hard-on for David Beckham. That's a few times they've mentioned him not going being a 'terrible mistake'.

Anyone just see than Senegal player walk away from the ball? Did he look injured?

Yeah Rose isn't really a left back at all, he can play there but he's as much of a left back as Gareth Bale is.

he isn't a left back at all? apart from when he plays there regularly. he's a left back/winger.

He fills in there for Spurs because there's never much chance for him to fill in on the left side of midfield. In [most of] the cup ties he's played for Spurs he's played left midfield and he played left midfield when he was on loan at Bristol - or at least what I saw of him he did.

I don't see how anyone could expect Studge to magically produce the goods at this stage. Awful six months at Chelsea + summer break + meningitis = naff football.

I agree completely. When he was diagnosed with meningitis he should have been replaced.

the amount of times Rose has been hacked down this half he wont be on for long anyway. :shifty:

Sturridge is so off the pace.

These Senegal players are going to kill one of our guys.

Oh and there we go, trying to kick Bertrand in the head ¬_¬.

A lot of teams play right footed players at left back, I wouldn't read too much in having a left footed player at right back. It's very strange, but it's no different. Rose is a midfielder too anyway

a lot of teams play right backs at right back. we have a left back there, and another at left back, and another at left mid. it's an odd selection. a lot of teams have left footers on right wing and the reverse, but it's risky to do it with full backs.

Obviously it's ideal to have a lefty on the left and righty on the right but I don't think it's such an issue that you play an inferior full back just because he's right footed. Obviously you don't want your full backs needing to cut in but if the player is comfortable on his weak side, he should play.

Not that I could play both sides. I play left back and if you asked me to play on the right, it'd only end in tears, thankfully Taylor is better than me!

Is it just me who has been battling to stay awake for the last 45 minutes then?

Danny Rose, is he some great hope for the future? I don't rate him at all. I'm really not liking this at the moment, though the crowd of grandmas sitting on their hands aren't helping matters.

A lot of teams play right footed players at left back, I wouldn't read too much in having a left footed player at right back. It's very strange, but it's no different. Rose is a midfielder too anyway

a lot of teams play right backs at right back. we have a left back there, and another at left back, and another at left mid. it's an odd selection. a lot of teams have left footers on right wing and the reverse, but it's risky to do it with full backs.

Obviously it's ideal to have a lefty on the left and righty on the right but I don't think it's such an issue that you play an inferior full back just because he's right footed. Obviously you don't want your full backs needing to cut in but, if the player is comfortable on his weak side, he should play.

thanks to years as Martin O'Neill as manager we saw a lot of people played out of position in full back slots, i like fullbacks to play on their natural sides. if a player can play either slot comfortably then it isn't an issue, but i'm not sure how much of a competent right back Taylor is.

if Pearce had picked a better side ( :shifty: ) he wouldn't need to play Taylor out of position.

This is weird. Every time there's a foul, they cut away from the replay on the big screens in the stadium :/

I think that's because they're not allowed to show it in case the referee sees he's made an error and it should be a red card or something silly like that.

Whoa, that was never a red card against Spain. Shocking decision. As far as that goal being De Gea's fault, I don't expect him to save it but I'd expect better form than throwing a leg aimlessly at it. Drop down and use your arms man.