Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

I didn't even realise such a thing existed until just then... is there really a need for 24 Olympic channels in addition to the coverage on BBC One?

Eh, it won't bother me too much. Matt, is there anywhere decent around Headingley area where I can go watch footie tomorrow? That is if you know headingley. Where aboots in Leeds are ya? Cause I'd rather avoid the student-y areas since I enjoy listening to the match as well as watching it.

I didn't even realise such a thing existed until just then... is there really a need for 24 Olympic channels in addition to the coverage on BBC One?

Eh, it won't bother me too much. Matt, is there anywhere decent around Headingley area where I can go watch footie tomorrow? That is if you know headingley. Where aboots in Leeds are ya? Cause I'd rather avoid the student-y areas since I enjoy listening to the match as well as watching it.

I actually live outside of Leeds but my advice would be to avoid Headingley altogether really if you want somewhere non-student-y. You'd be better going into the city centre to be honest.

Oh and Baddar, my point was more that 24 channels seems a bit excessive.

I actually live outside of Leeds but my advice would be to avoid Headingley altogether really if you want somewhere non-student-y. You'd be better going into the city centre to be honest.

Oh and Baddar, my point was more that 24 channels seems a bit excessive.

Maybe it is, but like I say, they serve more as an interactive service than anything, like before. The reason they're given stand-alone channels this time is because of HD. Not every channel will have its own set of presenters, and they can be accessed via the red button, just like before.

Isn't the whole point of Headingley students?

If there's 24 sports on then it isn't excessive, either way its not stopping anything else from being on so what's the issue? I for one am looking forward to some obscure shooting event on Olympic 17.

What kind of place are you wanting to go watch the football in? Considering I lived like 5 minutes walk from Headingley for two years :pervert:

If there's 24 sports on then it isn't excessive, either way its not stopping anything else from being on so what's the issue? I for one am looking forward to some obscure shooting event on Olympic 17.

Also, this.

The walking is getting super exciting on Olympic 21 right now. It's gonna be close!

What kind of place are you wanting to go watch the football in? Considering I lived like 5 minutes walk from Headingley for two years :pervert:

Also, this.

Pfft, I dunno, I'm not a student here so I just know place names. I know I'm near headingley and otley road, but that's it really. Just somewhere more like a mens social club, bit quieter where I can enjoy the footie without loads of a raucous.