Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

I'm really tempted to do some kind of vote to determine everyones favourite moments of these Olympics (especially as we love a good list so much here on EWB) but I don't know if I'd even be able to choose a top 5/10. There's been so many great moments!

USA win the basketball, as you'd expect.

Guest mr. potato head

And now we turn our attention to the closing ceremony and wonder if CSAMH secretly organized it...

Our opening ceremony should just be one big music gig and then we'd own. We need to play to our strengths.

29 Gold medals, more than we apparently got combined between about 1972 and 1996. Something close to that anyway.

Grenada won the 'medals per capita' table, with Kirani James winning their sole medal, the gold in the 400m for a country that only has 110,000 people in it. More people live in the Doncaster Metropolitan area, and I believe the nation had half a day off as a public holiday due to his win. Stuff like that is truly amazing. I heard on the radio that Guatemala got their first ever medal - a bronze - in the 50k Walk and at the finish line the athlete who earned it was handed a phone call from the president of Guatemala.

I want a half day off work for every medal we won as well, then.

Just watching that montage of all our medallists has made me a bit teary. What a great few weeks it's been, so proud right now of all our athletes and feeling particularly inspired and encouraged myself. Hopefully a legacy has begun. :)