Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

I was discussing this yesterday, I think we have a legitimate claim to say we're the best sporting nation in the world. For a country of roughly 60m people, we've managed to win 25 gold medals across 12 different sports (11 if you're not differentiating between road and track cycling) and medals in a further 4 sports. Only Hungary has won more than 5 gold medals and has a higher gold medal per capita than us. Only China and the USA have won more gold medals than us with vastly greater populations and you can only add Russia to that list on total medals won and Russia too has a much bigger population.

These Olympics have made me proud to be British.

What I've liked about these Olympics are that the crowd has been generally louder and more crazy towards home athletes than any other Olympics I can remember (I remember back to Seoul in '88).

I also love, LOVE when all the spectators start singing along to God Save The Queen whenever we win a gold. That's brilliant. It's been the best Olympics in my opinion, beating out Sydney 2000 into second.

• Like 1