Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Guest mr. potato head

Wow, these American tennis announcers.

"Why are all the announcements being made in French? Do you know anything about this?"

"This is a country where newspapers are still thriving."

The Olympic park is undescribable. So so good. Seb has done us proud!

BBC journalism at its best.

Bit off topic a week and a bit in, but I really like all the Team GB kit. That original weird footie top is dirt cheap now, but I'm definitely gonna see if the proper one goes down next month and have one. Like the tennis top too, and wouldn't be aversed to seeing if Ennis' pants appear on eBay...

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

Pertinent question: if Andy wins this match, do the "never done it in a major" questions fade away a bit? It's not an Open-level tournament throughout, but he still beat a competitive Djokovic and Federer if he does it...

It didn't do much for Massu or a past-his-prime Kafelnikov. The quality of the Olympic tournament is much better than it used to be, but I think for now this would be a sentimental asterisk more than anything.

Pertinent question: if Andy wins this match, do the "never done it in a major" questions fade away a bit? It's not an Open-level tournament throughout, but he still beat a competitive Djokovic and Federer if he does it...

He's still never done it in a major though, so yeah, still stays. Massive accomplishment in its own right though of course.

It'd be the biggest achievement of his career, perhaps. But no, as it isn't a Slam it won't make any of those questions fade away I don't think. Let's not get ahead of ourselves anyway, there's still quite a long way to go here yet...