Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Is Ian Thorpe openly gay?

This is what Wiki says:

Known for his long-standing interest in fashion, Thorpe serves as an ambassador for Armani,[11][239] and has his own line of designer jewellery and underwear.[239] Such interests have fuelled frequent speculation that Thorpe might be homosexual; his picture was featured prominently on gay websites. In 2002, Thorpe finally denied this rumour, asserting that he was heterosexual.

For the record, how can somebody be actually charged for any of the following?

hope your crying now you should be why can't you even produce for your country your just a diver anyway a over hyped prick

sit your ass back down tommy and don't get on a diving board again my little brother could do better absolute waste of space

you let your dad down i hope you know that

I mean seriously, every one of you is completely guilty of saying roughly the same thing at some point when disappointed. Remember when David Beckham let his country down at World Cup 98? Remember when Wayne Rooney was a violent overrated prick? Remember when Ronaldo dived and you wanted someone to break his legs?

Remember when you, yourselves yesterday thought that the Japanese were being pricks at contesting that silver?

Just look at yourselves, you're contributing towards a ridiculous witchhunt and laughing at a guys life getting pretty much destroyed for things that he's said. He'll probably not be able to get a job now, thanks to a publicized criminal record, and don't create a "he deserved it" excuse or "he'd be dole scum anyway" NO! He's 17 and still has his life ahead of him! Ever looked back at yourself and thought "Gosh, I was a complete prick back when I was 13/14/15 etc."?

It's embarrassing enough looking back at your previous self, let along being continuously punished for doing so.

I wish I could +1 this more.

Apart from the fact that, as people have pointed out, that string of tweets is missing the all important one where he made a death threat. Whether it was a really serious threat or not, it doesn't matter. It's still a threat. The guy "apologised" then started going off and making more threats and offensive tweets. If he's 17 then he should know better.

A doco was released on him trying to make these Olympics, he got asked (either on the doco or in the publicity for it) and paused for like 15 seconds before saying again he wasn't.

But yes he totally is. From memory he had a Brazilian 'house mate' who strangely seemed to share his house no matter where he lived.

hope your crying now you should be why can't you even produce for your country your just a diver anyway a over hyped prick

sit your ass back down tommy and don't get on a diving board again my little brother could do better absolute waste of space

I mean seriously, every one of you is completely guilty of saying roughly the same thing at some point when disappointed. Remember when David Beckham let his country down at World Cup 98? Remember when Wayne Rooney was a violent overrated prick? Remember when Ronaldo dived and you wanted someone to break his legs?

Remember when you, yourselves yesterday thought that the Japanese were being pricks at contesting that silver?

Just look at yourselves, you're contributing towards a ridiculous witchhunt and laughing at a guys life getting pretty much destroyed for things that he's said. He'll probably not be able to get a job now, thanks to a publicized criminal record, and don't create a "he deserved it" excuse or "he'd be dole scum anyway" NO! He's 17 and still has his life ahead of him! Ever looked back at yourself and thought "Gosh, I was a complete prick back when I was 13/14/15 etc."?

It's embarrassing enough looking back at your previous self, let along being continuously punished for doing so.

this is the stupidest post i've seen on the matter. shut up.

• Like 4

A doco was released on him trying to make these Olympics, he got asked (either on the doco or in the publicity for it) and paused for like 15 seconds before saying again he wasn't.

But yes he totally is. From memory he had a Brazilian 'house mate' who strangely seemed to share his house no matter where he lived.

I agree he has to be! His mannerisms are so gay, he looks exactly like one of my old students actually, keep thinking it's him on tv until he speaks!

What a load of sheer and utter bollocks.

A kid goes around threatening to shoot people, telling them their dead father would be ashamed of them, posting videos threatening people he's going to kick their head in, threatening to hang people and yet still here you are actually trying to defend this pathetic shit? Why you're even being stupid enough to compare it to anything said on here is beyond me. When was the last fucking time any serious member of this board said that about somebodies family? Or threatened to smash their faces in and drown them if he ever sees them?

If this ruins his life it's his own fault, not anybody else. If you think otherwise then that pretty much says it all. But yeah, let's move on.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect
  • Like 4

What a load of sheer and utter bollocks.

A kid goes around threatening to shoot people, telling them their dead father would be ashamed of them, posting videos threatening people he's going to kick their head in, threatening to hang people and yet still here you are actually trying to defend this pathetic shit? Why you're even being stupid enough to compare it to anything said on here is beyond me. When was the last fucking time any serious member of this board said that about somebodies family? Or threatened to smash their faces in and drown them if he ever sees them?

If this ruins his life it's his own fault, not anybody else. If you think otherwise then that pretty much says it all. But yeah, let's move on.

Well stated he's 17 and should know by now that you cannot act like that.

The 17-year-old is also alleged to have tweeted "I'm going to find you and i'm going to drown you in the pool you cocky t**t your [sic] a nobody people like you make me sick".

& I'm sure EWB is an open forum to discuss whatever people want, you're not a mod as much as you want to be so stop trying to control discussion Lineker.

• Like 2

:rolleyes:

The smiley of champions.

Aren't you at an event? Why are you posting on EWB?

Also, as well as the tweeting guy, the last topic of conversation was Ian Thorpe's sexuality....fancy giving an opinion on that, or shutting down that non-sport related convo?

• Like 4