Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

but he didn't dismount. he fell as he started the dismount. they should have lost points from it, tbh.

He did, didn't he? Didn't get the difficulty points or whatever, just the basic award for landing on your feet during the dismount.

i thought they said that'd be worth .3 as opposed to .5 and he got the .5, didn't he?

I'm not sure, but the main BBC commentator said that giving them the .5 was the correct decision, I'm guessing because he actually landed quite well - didn't stumble or go outside the area etc.

but he didn't dismount. he fell as he started the dismount. they should have lost points from it, tbh.

He did, didn't he? Didn't get the difficulty points or whatever, just the basic award for landing on your feet during the dismount.

i thought they said that'd be worth .3 as opposed to .5 and he got the .5, didn't he?

I'm not sure, but the main BBC commentator said that giving them the .5 was the correct decision, I'm guessing because he actually landed quite well - didn't stumble or go outside the area etc.

Surely the dismount is more than just landing well, he was all over the place in mid-air (obviously, because he fell).

Surely the dismount is more than just landing well, he was all over the place in mid-air (obviously, because he fell).

It is more than that, but I'm assuming he was already penalised points wise for that aspect.