Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

To be honest, they did score him remarkably low. He made one error the entire routine ultimately, and he did land on his feet. I think they got caught up in the furore of the crowd.

Exactly. I'd be bothered if it was a real issue. They gave him too few points, it was reviewed, and they got the points they deserved. Feel sorry for the Ukraine, but the correct decision was made.

well i then question all the scores of our events and suggest we were low scored elsewhere. so they should re-score the whole final.

one appeal changed everything, whose to say they didn't mess up the scores elsewhere? it's silly.

To be honest, they did score him remarkably low. He made one error the entire routine ultimately, and he did land on his feet. I think they got caught up in the furore of the crowd.

Exactly. I'd be bothered if it was a real issue. They gave him too few points, it was reviewed, and they got the points they deserved. Feel sorry for the Ukraine, but the correct decision was made.

well i then question all the scores of our events and suggest we were low scored elsewhere. so they should re-score the whole final.

one appeal changed everything, whose to say they didn't mess up the scores elsewhere? it's silly.

So there shouldn't be a system to challenge incorrect scores?

Anyone could have challenged at any point. Japan were the only ones who chose to do so.

It's getting silly in the fencing. The Koreans need to accept this is over.

They should have just scored it properly first time and we wouldn't have been bothered. Shame to have a Silver taken from us but feel very sorry for Ukraine, who now go home empty handed. Can't exactly blame Japan, well within their rights to do what they did, but just a shame how it all transpired.

They should have just scored it properly first time and we wouldn't have been bothered. Shame to have a Silver taken from us but feel very sorry for Ukraine, who now go home empty handed. Can't exactly blame Japan, well within their rights to do what they did, but just a shame how it all transpired.

Pretty much. The judges were at fault, not the Japanese for appealing.

https://twitter.com/Rileyy_69

Currently shitting himself after his pathetic comment earlier to Tom Daley about how his father (dead) would be ashamed of him after his performance. Trying to back pedal as much as possible and now has been mentioned on Sky News, what an utter tit, they never learn.

The thing I don't get is that they get points for dismounting even though he fell off. Yeah, he did land on his feet but surely if he did that on his 2nd move then it wouldn't count as a dismount?

I think they give their routine, or at least details about it, to the judges. He was attempting the dismount, fucked it up, but landing on your feet goes a long way to retaining the points, rather than falling completely, or sitting down. Bizarre, but that's the way it is.

The thing I don't get is that they get points for dismounting even though he fell off. Yeah, he did land on his feet but surely if he did that on his 2nd move then it wouldn't count as a dismount?

I think they give their routine, or at least details about it, to the judges. He was attempting the dismount, fucked it up, but landing on your feet goes a long way to retaining the points, rather than falling completely, or sitting down. Bizarre, but that's the way it is.

It still clearly wasn't a clean dismount, so it seems bizarre that they didn't lose some of the .5 awarded for the dismount.

Fair enough then I guess. Still, bronze is better than we could've asked for really.

And even though I don't like Tom Daley, that guy on twitter is being way out of order.

It still clearly wasn't a clean dismount, so it seems bizarre that they didn't lose some of the .5 awarded for the dismount.

There was a lot of talk about difficulty change, so wasn't sure if it was just the dismount they added or not.

but he didn't dismount. he fell as he started the dismount. they should have lost points from it, tbh.

anyway, that twat on twitter is fucked. his feed is hilarious. and this fencing stuff is crazy.

the Koreans have to pay to make an appeal in the fencing, did the Japs? :shifty:

Haha, he's backtracking and yet all his tweets paint a picture of a little boy acting big on the internet. It's good to see that people who think they're immune to behaving are being shown otherwise.

but he didn't dismount. he fell as he started the dismount. they should have lost points from it, tbh.

He did, didn't he? Didn't get the difficulty points or whatever, just the basic award for landing on your feet during the dismount.

He did, didn't he? Didn't get the difficulty points or whatever, just the basic award for landing on your feet during the dismount.

i thought they said that'd be worth .3 as opposed to .5 and he got the .5, didn't he?