Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

It's Bronze for Adlington, well done Becky. After she scraped through 8th fastest this morning I really didn't think she'd even get a medal. Shame she couldn't retain the title but she was never the favourite for it.

England GBR down 32-10 in the handball to France, who are cutting through us like a hot knife through butter. Looks like if I take up handball I might just get on the Olympic team.

Edited by Pesci

Adlington's time was apparently 0.21 seconds faster than the one she won with 4 years ago, so shows the competition she was up against.

That says it all, really drives home how well she did today. 4 years is a bigger space of time than some may think.

Liam Tancock is a genuine potential winner, or I suppose he would be if that American behemoth Grevers wasn't there.

2 girls in this one, Georgia Davies(?) and Gemma Spofforth in the 100m backstroke semi. Spofforth is the WR holder.

Edit: Spofforth came 3rd and should qualify, Davies came last and is going to have to hope everyone in the other semi forgets how to swim.