Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

After hearing the commentators brand GB's plan perfect all day it's pretty funny hearing them five minutes later acting like it's game over :shifty:

The Britain team's strategy was bad because it put a big target on their heads. Everyone started attacking them and they couldn't control the whole race and still be strong enough to give Cav his sprint train.

"It was the Peloton's fault GB didn't win!" according to the BBC Sport guy. What.

Of course it was, they didn't give them the race to win and tried to get it themselves. Everyone knew that in a sprint finish it was "Cav's gold medal", so almost every team with more than one guy in the race tried to go in the break. When things starting shaping up the way they did, the British team had to either kill everything in the start which would be hard to, or go with a B plan and put someone in front too. Wiggins and Froome are in great shape but they are not invincible ffs, they couldn't pull everyone back in.

I think it was a combination. Yes it hurt GB that nobody (bar the Germans for a time) helped to reel in the breakaway but I think they made a tactical error letting 10 guys attack out of the last Box Hill lap to join 20 more, it made the front group so formidable. Maybe the call should've been made to let Wiggins, Froome or Millar go and try to head the break. Ah well. Great win for Vinokourov in his retirement year, massive credit goes to him. Uran madea huge error on the straight losing sight of him.

Can I just say that Hugh Porter was an absolute moron on commentary, embarrassing. I appreciate they didn't have many time prompts coming up but he made some errors that are unforgivable unless you're blind. Like when he shouted about Griepel sprinting for 4th at the line when actually he was going for about 44th.

Hilarious though at the end when Jake and Sue were talking and a technical balls up so we heard someone else talking, saying "Kazakhstan wins from COL then...what does COL mean?". Erm...that'd be Colombia mate!

• Like 1

Guest Tobias2012

Well I'm enjoying the Archery. I don't follow soccer,tennis, basketball or volleyball so can't be bothered with them. Tend to watch the Fencing, Gymnastics, Track events. Hope y'all enjoy whatever you're watching, and have a nice weekend.

I think it was a combination. Yes it hurt GB that nobody (bar the Germans for a time) helped to reel in the breakaway but I think they made a tactical error letting 10 guys attack out of the last Box Hill lap to join 20 more, it made the front group so formidable. Maybe the call should've been made to let Wiggins, Froome or Millar go and try to head the break. Ah well. Great win for Vinokourov in his retirement year, massive credit goes to him. Uran madea huge error on the straight losing sight of him.

Can I just say that Hugh Porter was an absolute moron on commentary, embarrassing. I appreciate they didn't have many time prompts coming up but he made some errors that are unforgivable unless you're blind. Like when he shouted about Griepel sprinting for 4th at the line when actually he was going for about 44th.

Hilarious though at the end when Jake and Sue were talking and a technical balls up so we heard someone else talking, saying "Kazakhstan wins from COL then...what does COL mean?". Erm...that'd be Colombia mate!

I thought that but I wasn't paying full attention at the time and assumed they were just showing a replay of the bronze medal finish.

Awesome victory for Brazil in the women's judo.

Never thought I'd be saying it but so far fencing has been my favorite. Some brilliant stuff coming out of that, semi's take place tonight and then the final. Boubakri is a fantastic character, eliminated by the world number one Vezzali in extra time, so gutting. Italy guarenteed at least two medals, with three Italians in the semis.