Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

• Admin

lol, Pearce. Ah well!

After the South Korea flag debacle yesterday, it seems the Olympic organisers have made another national boundary blunder.

They’ve listed several athletes from former Soviet republics like Kazakhstan and Tajikistan as being Russian.

They’ve also listed athletes from the two Georgian breakaway republics of Abkhazia & Osetia as being Russian. Russia considers both territories to be independent. Georgia, and most of the rest of the world, considers them to be a part of Georgia.

I guess the organisers have forgotten the 2008 Russian invasion of Georgia over the issue, despite it being one of the prominent diplomatic issues during the Beijing games.

It's amazing how Brazil always has trouble when playing against Egypt. 4-3 in the Confederations Cup, now 3-2 at the Olympics. The team was great in the first half, then average at best in the second half. After Spain lost to Japan, I really don't know if I want Brazil to face the japanese, their style should trouble our defence easily.