The X Factor 2011

Lineker

Really? Marcus to me will have the exact same problem Joe McElderry had after the show: namely that he's undeniably popular (and more than a little bit fit...) but his voice is just extremely bland. Technically, he can sing brilliantly, but if I was in SyCos A&R department I would be really panicking about how on earth they could fill up a commercially viable album for him. Any of the other four, they would have no problem whatsoever, but Marcus is just far too bland.

If there was any justice, the final three would be Little Mix, Mischa and Amelia. It somewhat astounds me that given her extremely natural stage presence, her eye for style and the way since week fucking one she has just "got it", Mischa isn't the runaway favourite to win this series. I think nevertheless that girl is going to sell a fuckload of albums.

She was auditioning for a contract which, if she fulfilled it, would be worth one million pounds. Even if she only made it to 1 album, she'd get 20k.

Surely you meant 200k?

Anyway, I fear for Amelia this week. Unless we get another bi-weekly Misha sob story, I predict it will be her and Amelia in the bottom 2.

She was auditioning for a contract which, if she fulfilled it, would be worth one million pounds. Even if she only made it to 1 album, she'd get 20k.

Surely you meant 200k?

Artists don't make much money from actual record sales, but it's the number of units sold which determines the amount and location of gigs, the amount of merchandise to sell, and so on...

EDIT: And by a "£1 million contract", they mean that's the budget used to launch the artist - recording an album, promotion, etcetera. To cite Chris Jericho's book about Fozzy's first album, when they spent money on a hot dog using the record company's credit card, that was part of the budget. If anything, X-Factor winners are not doing well post-show because £1 million isn't enough to launch a star these days (especially as said budget was once used, in the days of Steve Brookstein, to release a covers album almost immediately), which is why the American version is $5 million.

Far as the semis goes, don't care. They should skip to the final Sunday where it'll be Marcus versus Little Mix, where Marcus will win because the males always win for some reason.

Surely you meant 200k?

Anyway, I fear for Amelia this week. Unless we get another bi-weekly Misha sob story, I predict it will be her and Amelia in the bottom 2.

There's no bottom 2 this weekend, straight elimination.

As predicted, the first time the public get the final say on an elimination - Misha B goes.

I can't help but think Tulisa's tears during her final performance were fake, considering she instigated the idea that Misha was a bully and a bad person. Two suspected traits that ultimately lead to her elimination from the competition.

She's not to my taste, but she will probably make it big after this show. I want Amelia to win, but looking at the betting odds, Little Mix are the front runners now.

Also, Kelly and Bieber were fucking dreadful on this show.