Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Little - Gasson - Eagle - Rice/Adams (the other on the bench)

This is your back four.

I also advise setting Little to being a Wing Back and the two CBs as Limited Defenders.

Of course since it's early in the season a low match preparation is inevitably having an effect. Keep it high and keep it focused on Teamwork until they improve.

Guest mr. potato head

I wish I had the problem of too many goals on both sides. My Halifax game is promoting some boring-ass football, seven games in and the highest-scorer has been 2-2 while the rest of the league routinely gets 5-4 scorelines.

Yeah, Woking equalised in the last minute because a beauty of a backpass from my right back found their forward. Bah.

Anyway, it appears Stoker was right. Eagle managed to play a part in 2 goals of a 4-1 victory. Okay, it was Hampton and Richmond, but 3 points~!

Through to the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round after beating Sutton United 2-0 - got £7,500 this time, which is lovely. If I also manage to sell Wilson Gondwe for £20k or so (he was concerned because he wasn't getting games, so fair play to him, offered to let him go), I might actually have a little profit this month!

Have drawn a Blue Square Premier side for the next round though (mid-table side Hayes & Yeading). Slightly irritating given the dozens and dozens of lower non-league teams still in it. At least I'm at home.

EDIT: Just lost Jide Ogunbote on a free though, which is a shame. He was always on a non-contract so I could hardly keep him forever. I've got a central midfielder loaned in from Reading so should be fine now that the injuries have cleared up.

You bastards and all this talk of glorious lower league cup runs and massive debts have made me start the EWB Rangers game.

I hate you all.

Especially Benji who's stealing my FM13 diary idea. :angry:

Wouldn't really be a Cube thread though would it? More of a playthrough...

Eh. I'm not going to get crazy-ambitious like that. Aim for promotion to the BSP and see what happens from there.

EDIT: Explanation of the BSC for those unaware: http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/50769-british-steel-challenge/

We should start a Cube thread where we all take up the British Steel Challenge, see who can get there first, and see how our careers diverge.

No, you'll do whatever this Pokemon thing is first! :angry:

All in good time, my son, all in good time.

And by that I mean I saw the image somewhere else and it made me want to do a Pokermanz diary, and so I'm not 100% sure what it is myself yet :shifty:

You bastards and all this talk of glorious lower league cup runs and massive debts have made me start the EWB Rangers game.

I hate you all.

Especially Benji who's stealing my FM13 diary idea. :angry:

I will make it up to you by letting your show me the way to a place where I can learn how to not suck at this game 90% of the time.

Wouldn't really be a Cube thread though would it? More of a playthrough...

Eh. I'm not going to get crazy-ambitious like that. Aim for promotion to the BSP and see what happens from there.

EDIT: Explanation of the BSC for those unaware: http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/50769-british-steel-challenge/

I doubt I'd ever manage it, but it's a fun concept, just load up Britain and see who does the best started unemployed. It probably is more of a playthrough, but I think it'd be better in the Cube, since it's not like most games that have a definitive ending (in other words, you can't play 'through' to the ending).

It's funny caus I was reading someones diary of sorts on it when I googled it the other day. He was tearing through England, managed to get to League 1 in a few seasons but then went off to try some of the lesser nations before he got too high up in England and seemed to get bogged down in Northen Ireland for years and years.