Football Manager 2012

Lineker

First season is finished in Valencia. We finished third, after sitting there most of the season, and we won the Europa League. :D

Lots of business was done in pre-season.

Miguel and Bruno left on free's. So that was my back up right back and a full back who covered both sides.

Diego Alves left for 3.7m back to Brazil. That meant I was after a new keeper.

Aritz Aduriz went to Atheltico Madrid. For 1.4m. I was just happy to get some cash.

Ricardo Costa, wrong side of 30, and nothing special was moved on to Betis for 3.1m.

Hedwiges Maduro followed Aduriz, for 3m.

Alberto Costa was the high profile departure. For 6.5m. I was fed up with his discipline issues. Two red cards in one week month late into the season sealed his fate and I was determined to move him on.

So I had some holes to fill. I brought in, as I do, some new youth players of course. But onto the real signings..

Michel Vorm came over from Swansea to, really, be our second choice keeper and perhaps work his way into being number 1. He cost a couple of mil. Rene Adler was almost chosen ahead of him, but I went for Vorm because of vastly lower wage demands.

Ignacio Camacho joined for 1.8m. Malaga wanted him out and I thought he'd be a good backup to the midfield roles.

Alvaro Dominguez left Athletico to step into our defence, for the best part of 10m. Hoping he can help us solidify. Only 23, should be here for a long time.

Davide Astori, from Calgiri, popped up during my scouting and I liked the look of him. Only 25 and an impressive defender already. I already have Victor Ruiz as back up to Dominquez and Rami, but I couldn't help myself and parted with 5m.

Fredy Guarin flies over from Porto for just over 3m. Always rated the guy, and look forward to seeing him in our midfield next season.

And on loan Mario Balotelli. Soldado and Jonas were my only senior strikers. I called up Paco Alacer from Valencia Mestalla, I think he can be a good striker for us, but when Mario popped up I had to try and bring him in. He should help us get closer to the top two.

Only one player in my team is over 30. 34 year old club captain and legend Albelda. Definitely happy with the side. Hope we can perform well in the CL, a group of death last season put us in the Europa League - but winning that made it worth it. A domestic cup and at least 3rd place would be nice, too.

Won the CONCACAF champions league by beating America 3-0 at BC Place. Won 5-1 on agregate and Morelo bagged another Hatrick.

I have now conquered North America.

Pfft. It's been done.

I've done it in a style you could never emulate! You were just in it for the glory, I do it out of love for Vancouver Whitecaps! :P

Lovel Palmer who I signed as a defensive player has shown himself more potent in the attacking ranks. He is currently playing in Gibson's usual ball winning midfielder role and banging them in while Gibson is out.

So is there any Asian managers who can recommend me a team that stand a good change of winning the Asian Chapions League. I am building my way up from Al-Ahed in Lebanon to winning that AFC Champions League then moving onto finish the Hexagon Challenge. I created custome leagues to include: Iran, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain,Qatar, UAE, Jordan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan as well as all the other Asian countries that come with the game.

EDIT: Oh and Japan

Read the Pentagon

Update the Pentagon.

I've only got mobile internet at the minute! :@

There's this great thing out here in the world called a job, you should probably look into it shifty.gif

I love you Gazz.

MK Dons finally got relegated. They had done three seasons in the championship escaping relegation each time. It makes me sad seeing that they failed to avoid the drop on the third go. You never forget your first :(

Might just start a Newcastle game as well when I've finished my current season on my PSV game (carried on from the FM Challenge League).

What are their finances like/what holes do they have to be filled?

DL is pretty weak, but I filled it with Martin Olsson. Otherwise, they're pretty solid. I boosted the AMC with Maxi Rodriguez, but that was just because he was available.

The team needs a first-choice DL and depth at left midfield. for my money the cupboard is bare after Gutierrez (but he is wonderful).

I filled DL with Erik Pieters. The team is too strong in DR <_< I am trying to develop Gosling into an MC rather than DR though.

I avoid the midfield issue by using formations with AML (there's oodles of players that are good at AML) rather than ML. I do run a 4-5-1, but I can use Jack Collison in a pinch (I appear to have bought him though).

Might just start a Newcastle game as well when I've finished my current season on my PSV game (carried on from the FM Challenge League).

What are their finances like/what holes do they have to be filled?

DL is pretty weak, but I filled it with Martin Olsson. Otherwise, they're pretty solid. I boosted the AMC with Maxi Rodriguez, but that was just because he was available.

The team needs a first-choice DL and depth at left midfield. for my money the cupboard is bare after Gutierrez (but he is wonderful).

I filled DL with Erik Pieters. The team is too strong in DR <_< I am trying to develop Gosling into an MC rather than DR though.

I avoid the midfield issue by using formations with AML (there's oodles of players that are good at AML) rather than ML. I do run a 4-5-1, but I can use Jack Collison in a pinch (I appear to have bought him though).

Heh, I brought in Olsson and use him/Santon as wing backs, then pack the centre of Midfield, with either Tiote dropping back for DM or Maxi Rodriguez pushing up for AM.

It does leave Gutierrez in an unfortunate situation though :(

I need to stop signing midfielders. Right now I have:

Alex Song

Royston Drenthe (though I play him left back mostly)

Sven Bender

Mikel Arteta

Jack Wilshire

James Rodriguez

Marek Hamsik

Eden Hazard

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Dani (regen)

Mateo Kovacic

Aaron Ramsey

Gervinho

Leandro

Junior Hoilett

Javier Pastore

And then these, who can play upfront too though:

Robin Van Persie

Theo Walcott (mainly plays upfront when Van Persie is injured, which is 99.99999% of the time)

Erick Torres

Carlos Vela

I loaned out Coquelin and Diaby too, aswell as only just selling:

Park Chu Young

Felipe Anderson

Leonardo Ponzio

Emmanuel Frimpong

Ryo Miyaichi

Denilson

Wellington Silva

Made over 30 million off them which I'll probably blow on another midfielder :mellow:

I got myself in a dilly of a pickle