Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I kinda forgot that by starting this game unemployed on the England start date and getting the Gold Coast United job that it meant that I have spent ages trying to get through the Australian Preseason and still haven't reached the start of the season. Urgh :(

Anyone got any tips for raising more money/balancing the books at a lower league team? Having had to renegoiate a lot of contracts from part-time to full-time, I've bumped up the wage bill quite a bit but that is coming down as I get rid of the players that won't be getting any real game time. I'm playing friendlies against teams from the top division when we have a week off for international break but that only brings in between £2,000 to £10,000 profit and the team is still losing between £80,000 to £100,000 a month (Despite only being £2,000 over wage budget).

I can only think of one player sale that I would describe as 'substantial' in my FM history that I can remember (selling Agbonlahor to Chelsea for £25 million in FM08). I generally expect little to nothing from transfers and consider the effect on the salary budget to be more significant.

It depends what constitutes 'substantial', selling 16 year old Mou Linpeng to Guangzhou for £600k covered my wage budget for 6 months and Ferro had really good youth facilites and coaching, so they had a couple of really good youngsters when I got there, if I stayed I could of sold a steady stream of youth players to keep us in the black.

I sold Joe Cole for thirteen million on an old FM to Newcastle when I was managing Vancouver Whitecaps.

In this incarnation I sold Agudelo for seven million in this game and Gibson for four million. The Whitecaps are in a fairly good position financially as well. From looks of things income is far greater this year than all of last year.

I am currently 6-0 up against Colorado Rapids.

At half time!

Edit: we didn't score any in the second half. I thought we might hit ten :(

dUmqB.jpg

Got back into my Newcastle game in my 5th season and..

newcastlevblackpoolinfo.png

My biggest Premier League half time lead ever! :w00t:

See, I got it too.

And a goaless second half ensued. <_<

I did one worse, it ended 6-1, with Daniel Sturridge spraining his ankle and missing 5 weeks when I clearly just should've taken him off. My only back-up striker is Anass Achahbar who's awesome but starts left wing for me normally leaving a gap there. :(

Any tips on improving the morale of strikers? I have two different problems with Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez and neither are scoring as a result.

Rooney has low morale because he hasn't scored since the world was in black and white. He still plays well enough (but not as well as he might), gets into good positions, but always screws up his chances, and I get commentary text about how he doesn't look confident at all.

Hernandez is angry about a team talk I made and is now a lazy cunt.

With Rooney I've tried calm and assertive "I have faith," sort of talks. With Hernandez I've tried calm, assetive and agressive "I have faith," 'Make a difference," "I expect more from you," and all of them either have no effect or he just switches off.

And my one reliable forward, Danny Welbeck has chosen this time to tear his hamstring, the blithering idiot.

Any tips on improving the morale of strikers? I have two different problems with Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez and neither are scoring as a result.

Rooney has low morale because he hasn't scored since the world was in black and white. He still plays well enough (but not as well as he might), gets into good positions, but always screws up his chances, and I get commentary text about how he doesn't look confident at all.

Hernandez is angry about a team talk I made and is now a lazy cunt.

With Rooney I've tried calm and assertive "I have faith," sort of talks. With Hernandez I've tried calm, assetive and agressive "I have faith," 'Make a difference," "I expect more from you," and all of them either have no effect or he just switches off.

And my one reliable forward, Danny Welbeck has chosen this time to tear his hamstring, the blithering idiot.

How are you playing Rooney and Hernandez?