Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Absolutely loving life with Blyth Spartans and despite a media prediction for 13th in my first season, scored 100 goals, got 97 points and promotion to Blue Square Bet Premier! Managed to get some real quality into the side and despite being a bit worried about stepping up the teams difficulty, having played West Ham pre-season (and only losing by 2 goals), I feel a lot more confident. Probably not back-to-back promotions, but I'm definitely staying up and maybe battling for a play off place.

Pablo Counago (yes, that one of Ipswich 'fame'), Shaun Vipond, Wayne Phillips and Sean McCashin are absolutely bossing it for me.

Absolutely loving life with Blyth Spartans and despite a media prediction for 13th in my first season, scored 100 goals, got 97 points and promotion to Blue Square Bet Premier! Managed to get some real quality into the side and despite being a bit worried about stepping up the teams difficulty, having played West Ham pre-season (and only losing by 2 goals), I feel a lot more confident. Probably not back-to-back promotions, but I'm definitely staying up and maybe battling for a play off place.

Pablo Counago (yes, that one of Ipswich 'fame'), Shaun Vipond, Wayne Phillips and Sean McCashin are absolutely bossing it for me.

Counago was immense for me with my Stockport team but then alas he wanted too much money :( Try and get Damian Casalinuovo he was an absolute beast for me upfront in the Blue Square Prem and League 2 then he fucked off to go play in Serie A.

The goalkeeper in the Champions League situation hasn't been as bad as I thought as I beat Dortmund 5-3 with David Luiz in goal so I've qualified top with one game left :D

Surely one of your U21 keepers would still be better than frikkin' Alex in goal?

It wouldn't let me for some reason. Every goalkeeper was out on loan apart from Turnbull and Alnwick in my under 18s who wasn't allowed to play despite me thinking he's 18 shouldn't he be allowed to play?

Ah well Malouda is leaving anyway in January for 8mil to Zenit so that'll open up a space in the 25man squad just in case this happens again.

Surely one of your U21 keepers would still be better than frikkin' Alex in goal?

It wouldn't let me for some reason. Every goalkeeper was out on loan apart from Turnbull and Alnwick in my under 18s who wasn't allowed to play despite me thinking he's 18 shouldn't he be allowed to play?

Ah well Malouda is leaving anyway in January for 8mil to Zenit so that'll open up a space in the 25man squad just in case this happens again.

I believe a youth player has to have played for the club for two years before they are eligible.

Anyways,

Player Search filters for every position

VERY useful when looking for new signings for exact roles.

Where would one install that?

my docs/sports interactive/fm12/filters

Can some direct me to a good place for pic packs? And how to install them? I never did it with FM11 and I think it'd make my game just a 'lil more fun.

Here

So, getting this for Xmas. Looking around SUSIE and other sites, is there much point with some of these additional leagues? The only one I'd probably be bothered with installing is Japan, to be honest. But there are ones with a load more African nations for example, since to memory South Africa was the only one in FM'11 when I've played that, so are they worth putting in?

So, getting this for Xmas. Looking around SUSIE and other sites, is there much point with some of these additional leagues? The only one I'd probably be bothered with installing is Japan, to be honest. But there are ones with a load more African nations for example, since to memory South Africa was the only one in FM'11 when I've played that, so are they worth putting in?

Not really, depends if you've ever really felt the need to manage in the Uzbek 5th division. I myself prefer lower league management but some take it to the nth level by managing in leagues where having a 3 in an attribute is considered top notch.

I used it for De Gea in my United game. I found it worked with playing at a quick tempo and it made De Gea look for a pass rather than just lump it forwards. My pet hate on FM is the keeper lumping it forward only for it to be headed back by the opposing centre backs, right over my back four and into the the path of their lightning quick striker.

But yeah, I prefer it if you've got a keeper with decent positioning and kicking stats - means your defence can hold a higher line and not be as at risk from balls in behind.

Counago was immense for me with my Stockport team but then alas he wanted too much money :( Try and get Damian Casalinuovo he was an absolute beast for me upfront in the Blue Square Prem and League 2 then he fucked off to go play in Serie A.

The goalkeeper in the Champions League situation hasn't been as bad as I thought as I beat Dortmund 5-3 with David Luiz in goal so I've qualified top with one game left :D

Both Counago and Casalinuovo are in my MK Dons team. The latter was not really been a beast for me though. The former was okay.