2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

The leaked 'teamsheet' that AVB supposedly confirmed as genuine (not sure about this, but will take the papers' word for it) confuses the hell out of me. Mainly because it involves playing Sturridge as the central striker, something AVB has NEVER EVER DONE.

teamsheet_2146113a.jpg

This can only lead me to suspect that it's one of a number of preliminary 'idea' sketches and a fair way removed from his final thoughts.

Ivanovic's nickname is Bane, but that hasn't caught on so much outside of Serbia.

Or perhaps AVB likes using Ivanovic's full name simply because he loves sparking off his Mahna Mahna song at random intervals during training.

AVB: "Okay, Terry and Luiz will be in the centre, and at right-back will be...Ivanovic"

Players: (Do dooo do-do do)

AVB: "Ivanovic"

Players: (Do do-do do)

AVB: "Ivanovic"

Players: (Do dooo do-do do, do-do do, do-do do, do-do do Chelsea's number two)

• Like 4

Once you start, it's almost impossible to stop. Someone, somewhere will break the silence by yelling out his name and everyone's obliged to go round again. This can literally go on for an hour.

I tell you, it's worse than crack.

• Admin
EWBasel: Sommer, Steinhofer, Abraham, Dragovic, Park, Shaqiri, Huggel, Xhaka, Fabian Frei, Alexander Frei, Streller.

Subs: Colomba, Degen, Kovac, Stocker, Cabral, Andrist, Zoua.

Bayern Munich: Neuer, Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm, Tymoschuk, Alaba, Robben, Kroos, Ribery, Gomez.

Subs: Butt, Pranjic, Gustavo, Petersen, Olic, Muller, Can.

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)

Shaqiri plays against his future team mates.

Marseille: Mandanda, Azpilicueta, Diawara, N'Koulou, Morel, Diarra, Cheyrou, Amalfitano, Valbuena, Andre Ayew, Brandao.

Subs: Bracigliano, Gignac, Kabore, Traore, Jordan Ayew, Fanni, Sabo.

Internazionale: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu, Zanetti, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Zarate, Sneijder, Forlan.

Subs: Castellazzi, Pazzini, Poli, Obi, Milito, Ranocchia, Nagatomo.

Referee: Cuneyt Cakir (Turkey)

Off to watch the match.. Come on you Basle! I picked them because it's not on ITV. And I want to see Shaqiri and Xhaka play. And Fabian Frei. May set aside £5 for my impending holiday everytime I hear the phrase "Basle, the conquerors of Man Utd" as well. In a bit, binklebots.