2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

Not sure what all the Newcastle craics about, supposedly if Chelsea win an additional Europa spot opens up anyway, so even 6th would get it and we can't finish any lower than that.

Nice of Geoff Shreeves to wind up Ivanovic.

And finally, the main commentator has ruined the possibility of setting G Nevs 'o' sound as my ringtone.

Maybe I misunderstand, but CL > Europa?

Well obviously, but Europa > lower midtable that I thought we'd have > flirting with relegation because we sold our 'best' players that pundits thought we'd have. CL is a massive stretch even if fourth does get it. And they call us deluded.

True, but the money from getting a CL spot will help? I was just being silly, but your expectations now should be that you're gonna finish in the top six with ease. I can't see Spurs getting any form back, Arsenal have lost Walcott and RVP hasn't scored for quite a few games, so it's between you and Chelsea now I reckon.

My expectation is absolutely top 6, since we can't mathematically finish any lower, but anything else is a bonus as it has been all season. We've still got Chelsea and Man City to play, and as much as 4th and no CL would be gutting, Europa is absolutely fine.

Not sure what all the Newcastle craics about, supposedly if Chelsea win an additional Europa spot opens up anyway, so even 6th would get it and we can't finish any lower than that.

Nice of Geoff Shreeves to wind up Ivanovic.

And finally, the main commentator has ruined the possibility of setting G Nevs 'o' sound as my ringtone.

Maybe I misunderstand, but CL > Europa?

Well obviously, but Europa > lower midtable that I thought we'd have > flirting with relegation because we sold our 'best' players that pundits thought we'd have. CL is a massive stretch even if fourth does get it. And they call us deluded.

True, but the money from getting a CL spot will help? I was just being silly, but your expectations now should be that you're gonna finish in the top six with ease. I can't see Spurs getting any form back, Arsenal have lost Walcott and RVP hasn't scored for quite a few games, so it's between you and Chelsea now I reckon.

I might have misread you but are you seriously writing Arsenal off for a top 4 finish when they currently sit 3rd with three matches to play?

Yeah I'm all excited about Chelsea winning so I didn't state myself that clearly. I see Newcastle taking 3rd and Chelsea winning champs league to get the 4th CL spot.

But Arsenal have Stoke away, which won't be easy, and I just have a feeling they won't really perform in the next couple of games even if they do have 2 relatively "easy" games against Norwich and West Brom. Just don't see them getting a whole lot out of it. We'll have to revisit these posts come the end of the season :P.

So what I meant was the 4 champs league spots, in my book, are going to City, United, Newcastle and Chelsea. In that order.

Stoker. What's the expected Chelsea starting 11 for the final?

At a guess...

Cech

Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Sturridge - Mata - Kalou

Drogba

Substitute in Torres if suited to taste.

Stoker. What's the expected Chelsea starting 11 for the final?

At a guess...

Cech

Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Sturridge - Mata - Kalou

Drogba

Substitute in Torres if suited to taste.

That doesn't look too bad actually. Hopefully Cahill is fit for it.

Fuck you, 'replaced'. I'm at work!Which bears the question, "is metalman wrecking my house?"

yes. sorry.

amazing game! i am so happy. I am also now a better Chelsea fan than stoker because I always knew they would win go through. :shifty:

Shame for Messi. Imagine how good he would be if he could finish.

Bench?

Hilario, Ferreira, Romeu, Essien, Malouda, Torres, and...?

I would put Bertrand as the seventh but I have a sneaking suspicion that he and Lukaku aren't in the Champions League squad due to its silly rules.