2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

So after last night's match John Terry said he would like to dedicate the victory to the memory of the 22 Belgian children and six adults tragically killed when their coach crashed in Switzerland on Tuesday.

This prompts the following kind of reaction on Redcafe:

"What an oppurtunistic self glorifying c*** of a man. How f***ing cynical do you have to be ? What a f***ing c***, I f***ing hate him. I hope he dies."

"I agree with this 100%"

There's a pretty sick human being in this equation but I don't think it's John Terry.

You say that, but if...let's say, good old 'Arry (to pick a current darling) had done the same after a match, no one would have batted an eyelid. Is it only dumb and attention-seeking if people dislike you?

No, it's dumb and attention seeking, I'd have thought the same if Neil Warnock said it. I still wouldn't have passed comment on it without it being brought up though.

I could understand him doing it if he was Belgian/Swiss or was playing for a Belgian/Swiss side but he's clearly just done it to show that he's a nice a guy.

'Kay.

You should probably shut yourself away whenever anything bad happens because there are endless people who offer condolences/sympathies/etc. on almost every little thing. It's the age we live in.

I don't think it was attention seeking at all. Why would John Terry of all people need any more attention? Having watched it, I'm pretty sure it was sincere. Probably the nicest thing John Terry has ever done. >_>

I dunno. I once saw him walk past a puppy without kicking it.

'Kay.

You should probably shut yourself away whenever anything bad happens because there are endless people who offer condolences/sympathies/etc. on almost every little thing. It's the age we live in.

I didn't say I had a problem with it, of course people do it but it's similar to what was being discussed a couple of weeks back about when someone dies and all of a sudden everyone floods Facebook with "RIP, gonna miss you so much". It's just a way of people proving to others that they're caring people.

Attention seeking was probably the wrong term, a PR stunt would probably be a better way of wording it.

I don't think it was attention seeking at all. Why would John Terry of all people need any more attention? Having watched it, I'm pretty sure it was sincere. Probably the nicest thing John Terry has ever done. >_>

I dunno. I once saw him walk past a puppy without kicking it.

Bullshit.

• Like 1

Draw this morning. The order of preference in terms of Chelsea's opponents is pretty self-explanatory:

1. APOEL

2. Marseille

3. Benfica

4. AC Milan

5. Bayern Munich

6. Real Madrid

7. Barcelona

And here is the Super Duper Wonder Draw that will never ever ever ever EVER happen:

Chelsea v APOEL

Benfica v Marseille

Barcelona v Real Madrid

Bayern Munich v AC Milan

(paired for the semi finals brackets which are also drawn of course)

Since when has any draw required THREE rehearsals?

They keep drawing it till Madrid and Barca get easy ties. :shifty:

• Like 1