2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

Just had a look and if we finish second in our group, which it looks like we will if we get a result tonight, then we'll get one of Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan or Apoel in the last 16. Could be a potential tricky draw for us, we're Man United though, we should get Apoel :shifty:

United team vs Basel: De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Young, Jones, Giggs, Park, Nani, Rooney

Subs: Lindegaard, Evans, Fletcher, Valencia, Gibson, Welbeck, Macheda

Edited by Starvinho

We've had some entertaining games Split, mostly in the CL with Benfica and Basle, two cracking games really.

Also, IF we finish second, Inter or Apoel would be a fantastic draw for us. Any of the other three would be tough as shit though. I'd have no problem with them as whether we're on average form or not, I always want to go up against the best. Bayern would probably be an amazing two legged tie.

Hoping for a top performance tonight. Hopefully we're not too short up top with just Rooney up there either, which I've found we've done quite a few times this season.

Bit late on this but last nights action was quality. Very happy to see Drog put in a performance like the Drog of old. I fear that they may be far and few between but last night was good stuff. Too strong for the defenders and calm finishing. Gotta Echo love for Mata too, I've only started to notice how good he is the past couple of games, but he's got a very good touch. I don't really worry for AVB too much when he can get results like this even if it isn't from his preferred system.

Marseille anyone? Valbuena is too fucking good. Goal of the month already. Won't be beaten.

Oh Arsenal, and just when I thought Arshavin was going to put in a good performance (although granted I only saw highlights for this match) but nothing doing yet. Has he done anything for the past year?

One nil down in a game we're dominating, City leading and currently going through and now Vidic is out with what looks like a pretty bad injury.

Can things really get any worst?

Hopefully we'll find out in 45mins if it can get worse ;)

Just waiting for the United half-time round up since I've been watching the City game.

Some fantastic stuff from David Silva, Aguero and Touré (despite that silly pass he gave away!). I'm hoping City get through here but where's Mario?

SportsNet is a horrible channel. :(