General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I get where some of the impulse came from; a whole lot of people watched Contagion for the first time this year and hell, I watched The Masque of the Red Death like a week or two into quarantine starting. But those are movies about pandemics/plagues in a broad sense, and this is explicitly about the one we're in now. Doesn't really work the same way.

The Masque of the Red Death is escapism during this time because it shows the elites being unable to hide from their fate forever. It's cathartic. This Michael Bay movie is going "hey y'all liked this right? Let's relive all the highlights!" as if this were Game 7 of the 1991 World Series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/10/2020 at 10:28, apsham said:

So uh, Michael Bay and company are real pieces of shit, huh? For fucks sake.

The fact they call it "COVID 23" instantly breaks my focus and makes it feel like an Asylum movie for a minute.

Does kinda make me wanna see a VHS style short found footage movie shot through a door's peep hole and security camera.

Watched MANK last night. I thought it was a really great example of doing a  biopic. It works in the same way Ed Wood works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Tom Cruise tore some guys a new following covid protocols a new one on the Mission: Impossible set.  Les Grossman came out.

A little heated an OTT but I think he raises some valid points. Apparently it was triggered by a group of people huddling around monitors/PCs or something / practically touching each other. 

• RPS locked this topic