Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

On 24/05/2024 at 12:51, K said:

shit i bet that was awesome.

It was, wasn't a huge gig, maybe because it was a Thursday. Great energy though, and they played a great set. 

Coming up we have tickets for Sloppy Seconds/The Queers, Fear/D.O.A. (!!!), William Elliot Whitmore (taking the kids, playing at a venue I've played so thats exciting), and Sisters of Mercy. 

Billy Bragg and KMFDM are coming in October and I'd like to see both but probably wont. I've seen Billy Bragg, he's a lot of fun live. If my wife is very interested in KMFDM I'd like to go, especially since I'm on a roll of seeing electronic/industrial acts this year.

On 25/05/2024 at 19:33, GoGo Yubari said:

Neil Young & Crazy Horse in late July (at the big outdoor venue in central WA that I've never gone to)

Cancelled! Fuck! Apparently they're ending the whole tour early due to some illnesses within the band and boy I hope it's not too serious and they can reschedule for next year. The fact that it's the whole thing and not just whatever's in the upcoming couple weeks is really concerning.

Meanwhile, I did a Google search on Heavenly and found out they're playing Seattle in October and I managed to grab a ticket for that. Could have never guessed I was going to be able to see both Camera Obscura and Heavenly live this year.

Oh that's so sad! I saw them in 2013 (which is crazy because my mindset at the time was very much "I need to see these people before they die" yet they're still going) and it was a great show.

I'm going to see Janelle Monae tonight which will hopefully be nice. I imagine it will be heavy on the last album which on the one hand is a shame because it's my least favourite of hers but also fine because I do still like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, METALMAN said:

I'm going to see Janelle Monae tonight which will hopefully be nice. I imagine it will be heavy on the last album which on the one hand is a shame because it's my least favourite of hers but also fine because I do still like it.

Her last album was quite short, so I imagine she'll have to fill it out with stuff from her other albums. I'm extremely jealous.