The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Looks like I might be losing my league this year :(

After being up 9-1, we are now tied at 5-5. If we end in a tie, he wins because he won the only game we had against each other this year :/

President's Trophy which seemed impossible a few weeks ago.

I won my fantasy league. Crosby came through for me. I picked him in the second round, and had him on it most of the year. Traded backed for zetterberg, Picked letang up when he was out with a concussion, and traded Skinner plus enstrom, for datsyuk when he was injured. Was really banking on injured players coming back. Worked out.

On the topic of the Jets, did anyone see the pregame of their saturday game? Their press release made it sound... interesting.

EEOxZ.jpg

My season's checklist looks pretty good:

1. Winnipeg misses playoffs, purely out of spite: Confirmed

2. Jets players caught in massive homoerotic sex scandal: Unconfirmed (still plausible :shifty:)

3. Seedings vary wildly from 2011 to 2012: Mostly Confirmed (Rangers go from 8th to 1st in East, Montreal is crying itself to sleep).

4. Playoff team looking for revenge: Confirmed (If Caps upset Boston, they're staring right now both barrels with New York)

5. Friends still bitching about how Florida & Phoenix get a home series, despite being the 6th best teams in their conferences: Confirmed

Biggest complaint is that the West is the same freaking scene it was last year, just sub St. Louis in for Anaheim.

May as well get these out of the way:

Rangers over Ottawa in six.

Boston over Washington in five.

New Jersey over Florida in six.

Pens over Flyers in seven.

Canucks over Kings in a sweep.

Sharks over Blues in six.

Phoenix over Hawks in five.

Preds over Detroit in six, because damnit, Nashville's the closest I've got to a home team (H)

Canucks over Sharks in five.

Preds over Phoenix in six, because damnit, Nashville's the closest I've got to a home team :angry:

Devils over Rangers in seven.

Pens over Bruins in six.

Canucks over Preds in seven, because damnit, Nashville's the closest I've got to a home team :(

Devils over Pens in six.

Devils over Vancouver in six.

Guest mr. potato head

Some of my favourite-in-hindsight quotes form the off-season and first bit of the season...

Anyone else thing Carolina's actually shaping up somewhat? Brent and Kaberle are both good additions as ex-Leafs, I'd say. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

The Sabres this year are MILES ahead of where they were last year.

I agree with Puck Daddy in that this season will be strong for Heatley.

I would be flabbergasted if Tampa doesn't make the playoffs.

Agreed with MPH, Tampa is as good as they were last year when they looked to play spoiler in the East. Too potent offensively to put out of the running. I don't see Florida anywhere near contention either, I think they'll be sharing basement real estate with the Sens and Islanders.

Otrawa may not win a lot of games this season, but they have some youth and enthusiasm.

PREDICTIONS TIME :w00t:

East

Boston

Pittsburgh

Washington

Buffalo

Tampa Bay

Montreal

Philadelphia

Carolina

----------------

NY Rangers

Florida

Toronto

New Jersey

NY Islanders

Winnipeg

Ottawa

I was better in the west except for picking Anaheim to win the Cup :shifty:

Guest mr. potato head

Even before the season started, you were touting Dallas as a sleeper team, pointing to Souray as due for a big year. I let that one slide given their first-half run.

It really has been a strange season though.

Another few gems from the season.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SEASON IS DONE!

Fail for Nail!!!

Ruki, getting in early. (preseason)

That's not a terrible acquisition.

He still has his talent...somewhere...in there. And the Jackets will definitely be better. I don't think you can be too mad at that pickup.

Me, being hilariously wrong.

Right, but Vanek is on a better team and Kane is on a worse one.

Sean, being hilariously wrong.

and especially future Norris winner Subban that Montreal could realistically compete for that #4 spot possibly compete w Boston for the division.

Basha, being hila-oh my god I can't hold it BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THREE-TWO, THREE-TWO, THREE-TWOOO!!

THREE-TWOOO!

THREE-TWOOO!!

(To the tune of Ole, Ole)

Colorado, winning the "EWB Stanley Cup" over Toronto, 3-2.

We don't talk about my fantasy league in this thread.

*brushes aside the spiderwebs in the cellar*

I came back to finish third in my fantasy league after cellar-dwelling through nearly December!

So what the hell's up with Tampa Bay? Last year they looked like a dark horse Cup contender. No major losses, Stamkos another year older, and now they're not even looking competitive with New Jersey. It's not just the goaltending.

No, it's just the goaltending.

I was right.