The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Nash and Carter both held off the ice at today's Columbus practice for no apparent reason :lol:

Where did you see that?

Somebody reputable (forget who) tweeted it this morning and it got passed around a bit. I haven't been keeping up so it might not be true.

Value for UFA defensemen is weird right now - Philly's payment for Grossman definitely set the bar higher than normal.

Montreal still hedged their bets with Geoffrion, as the Preds only get the 5th round pick if he plays 40 or more next season with the Habs. Geoffrion becomes not only the first fourth-generation NHL player, but also the first fourth-generation Montreal Canadien.

Geoffrion becomes not only the first fourth-generation NHL player, but also the first fourth-generation Montreal Canadien.

If the former is true, doesn't that make the latter true everywhere? Or are you seperating the pre-merger era of Habs there?

I like this deal from both sides, actually. Good haul for Gill, and Gill will really help Rinne and co.

I was wondering what exactly you were asking but then I am old enough to remember Boom Boom.

Guest mr. potato head

Didn't it merge with the WHA?

EDIT: A quick wiki-search reveals that the WHA did merge with the NHL, to some degree. And I never said that the NHL was formed out of a merger. -1 for Potato Head.

I assumed you couldn't be talking about the WHA because four generations of a family playing in the NHL since 1979 is pretty much impossible...