The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Fuck Gusty, Fuck the Panthers, Fuck the Leafs, Fuck everything.

Cmon 3rd period. #faithsontheline

EDIT: Nope, Fuck Scrivens too.

EDIT2: Kessel gets one, but still. Fuck them. We are officially screwed without Reimer.

EDIT3: I re-iterate. We are screwed without Reimer.

EDIT4: 5-1 loss, god damn it.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I didn't get home in time and couldn't add in Grabo, Kule, and Phaneuf to my fantasy team. Sadly, the only thing I'm upset about is missing out on Kule's 6 shots on net. First time he's gotten a decent shot stat.

Spezza somehow ended up on waivers, I don't think I'll get him, but I'm thinking about dropping grabo for him. I want to drop pr trade kule, but not for a center...but dropping him for somebody like Max Pacioretty just seems wrong.

If the price isn't too high, I would welcome that move. Nabokov hasn't been bad for New York, but just doesn't seem to fit in there. Maybe reuniting with Ron Wilson would help him out. Plus, Nabokov isn't on a stupid contract and could back up or even push Reimer when he returns.

I wonder who else would be available?

That's hilarious, and while I want to say that I don't have a problem with it (which I don't really), what's to stop a team from scraping in a goal and then just hanging back like that on a gamely basis. Strategic, yes, but at the same time, they're hockey players getting paid top dollar to play hockey. To add to that, they're playing in front of fans paying their hard-earned money to watch them play hockey, not stand around.

EDIT: Alright, slightly feel dumb as it's really only the Lightning's 1-3-1 trap this works for, didn't really clue into that at first. Still though, the 'paid top dollar to play hockey' part stands. :shifty: If they can't work their way through a trap, they need to work on some things.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

2 forwards and a D-Man clog the neutral zone, with one D-Man in the defensive zone and one forward (supposed to be) fore-checking. Opposing team either decides to move it or gets forechecked into moving it through the neutral zone, where the 3 players are waiting to get in the way/cause a turnover/ect.

At the same time though, NHL caliber players should be prepared at work against that, instead of just doing what Philly did. Sure, hanging back and exposing their 1-3-1 works, but doesn't make you look good either.