The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Speaking of Kessel, I've been working towards getting him in one of my leagues. Just got counter offered this, and it make's me think. I need a goalie too, as I only have 1 being Reimer.

I GIVE: Claude Giroux (C,W), Dennis Wideman (D), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (C.)

I GET: Phil Kessel (W), Filip Kuba (D), Mathieu Garon (G)

I'm also not sure if I want to take it, as RNH I think is gonna have a great season, and Giroux is good and has multi-positions. Opinions?

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Guest mr. potato head

Don't even consider it. RNH will be solid and Giroux will be excellent (better than Kessel over the whole season). Plus Garon's probably being relegated to the bench for a few games unless Roloson shits the bed again.

We all know how streaky Kessel can be, as sad as it is. Don't take that trade.

You're getting him while he's hot, you're gonna overpay for him....wait until he has a cold streak (god, I hope he doesn't have one >_<), then try and get him.

Also? This made me laugh.

Best celebration ever, hugging the opposing D. Took the punch like a champ though and walked away grinning.

As for the Kessel deal, good points and pretty much what I was thinking. I would like to nab Kessel now while he`s in the middle of his hot-streak though, as if I waited for a cold streak, I wouldn`t get any points out of his work now. However, now that I`ve said that, I`ve already missed what he`s put out so far so I may as well miss the rest too.

Leafs vs Devils tonight, Frattin's been sent to the Marlies and Crabb`s been called up. Gustaffson will be in net again, with Reimer possibly on the bench. Gardiner may also be out of the lineup with a sore foot, making room for Cody Franson.

All of this makes me nervous, we don`t need our first 2-game lose streak now.

EDIT: Just realized I was the last post too, sorry for the double post. :shifty:

I think it's more of a game-time decision to see if he'll he alright to go. Doesn't seem like something too serious, Franson replacing him will be just incase he can't play.

EDIT: Well, I already regret not liking Crabb getting the call up, he just batted a beauty shot into the net after making a nice play. I will miss Frattin, though.

EDIT2: Back and forth action, and Schenn just made a horrible D play to make it 3-3. While Gusty's made some crazy saves, he hasn't looked that confident in net.

EDIT3: LUPUL HAT-TRICKKKKK - SCHENN FIGHT! lol @ Schenn punches.

YAY LEAFS!!!!!

Edit: And a beauty of a game for Lupul, really glad he is fitting in here. I never would have thought he'd have 14 points in 12 games. Last year, in 28 games with us, he had 18 points. And Connolly is fitting in, apparently. Just...wow. The Leafs (and most of the players), are doing much better than I would have hoped. I hope they keep it up!

I wouldn't. He sucked against Philly two playoffs ago and was, for me, singularly responsible for them losing that series. He sucked last year and has sucked this year. If he'd had a full season under his belt last year it'd have been apparent that he isn't the goalie he used to be. He has irrepressible quality and so will "turn back the clock" every so often - but when you have to "turn back the clock" it's time to go.

He started terribly last year, then turned it on in the second half. Which he always does. To say he's done because of two bad games is absurd. Look at his full seasons since the lockout. October 2005, he has a .883 save percentage and a 3.61 GAA. Everybody thinks the new rules have handcuffed him and he's done. He leads the team to win the division and is a finalist for the Vezina. October 06, he has a 2.7 GAA and a .909 SV%. Finishes with a 2.18, .922, wins the Vezina, and sets the league record for wins. October 07, 3.02, .882, everybody thinks he's done. Finishes 2.17, .920, wins the Vezina. He gets hurt in 08-09, actually plays solid in October 09 (but still got better as the 09-10 season progressed). Last year he absolutely sucked early, and it ended up lasting through December. Then he completely tore it up in the new year, with the Devils winning something like 20 out of 22 games or something stupid, with Brodeur maintaining a GAA under 2 for 2011.

Brodeur sucked his last 2 games. If history is any indication he'll suck for the next 10 or 15 games. Then he'll turn it on. If he still sucks in January/February, then we can talk about him hanging it up.

Plubby's being surprisingly rough on a fellow goalie. Obviously he's upset at the price of union dues.