2011/12 UEFA Europa League

Lineker

Ji Sung Park ‏ @RealParkJiSung

Hard for me not to acknowledge that being asked to captain United in Europe is the highlight of my Korea.

This is perhaps another reason as to why Park is my favourite Utd player.

Looks pretty real to me, Adam.

This looks like the real Park to me.

The account that posted the 'highlight of my Korea' comment has this as his description:

"Perfect hair & a third lung, Official carer for Johny Evans... LOVES a Jager-Bomb. Obviously a parody. NOT Jackie Chan."

And has tonnes of obviously fake tweets. Blatantly a fake account.

I actually do agree with Lineker though, Park is easily the most likeable player at Man Utd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today's the day! Today's the day! Today's the day!

Man Utd v Athletic Bilbao!

Alex Ferguson v Marcelo Bielsa!

Printer Media v Online Bloggers!

Aupa Athletic!

I'm actually giddy with excitement for this match, and the rest of the internet community seems to be as well! Watch this match tonight!

EDIT:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/07/marcelo-bielsa-athletic-bilbao-manchester-united

Read this. Digest this. Understand that we will never understand Bielsa but we should all embrace him.

Edited by IAceI

I'm looking forward to tonight. Any win to nil would suit me, but with the way we've been defending in Europe this season, keeping a clean sheet is maybe a little too optimistic. It really is a must win though - playing the 2nd leg away from home is always tough. United have been quite fortunate over the last few years with the draw handing us the home leg second.

I've got a feeling Bilbao are gonna sneak through over two legs. Think it'll be a great game though looking forward to it (Hopefully it's better than the Ajax games <_< )

City on the other hand I think will be pretty comfortable over two legs in getting through.

• Admin
Sporting: Rui Patricio, Joao Pereira, Xandao, Anderson Polga, Insua, Fernandez, Daniel Carrico, Schaars, Diego Capel, Izmailov, van Wolfswinkel.

Subs: Marcelo, Rodriguez, Evaldo, Carrillo, Bruno Pereirinha, Neto, Rubio.

Man City: Hart, Clichy, Kompany, Toure, Kolarov, Milner, de Jong, Barry, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko.

Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Pizarro, Johnson, Savic, Nasri, Balotelli.

Referee: Carlos Velasco Carballo (Spain)

Match is on ITV4.

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra, Park, Jones, Giggs, Young, Rooney, Chico

Subs- Amos, Ferdinand, Fabio, Anderson, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck

Jones returns to the middle of the park, interested to see how he fairs tonight. Overall very happy with this lineup.

or_fb1ee37e122026115928090.jpg

?

• Like 6

Same, if they can get the ball up to Llorente and Muniain often enough they've got every chance.

Dave Woods is already pissing me off. I feel sorry for Marcelo Bielsa as apparently he has a "compulsory football disorder". Whatever that is.

Edited by AdamDRFC

• Admin

More importantly than Utd, here is the Bilbao team!

Man Utd: de Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra, Park, Jones, Giggs, Young, Rooney, Hernandez.

Subs: Amos, Ferdinand, Anderson, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck, Fabio.

Athletic Bilbao: Iraizoz, Iraola, Javi Martinez, San Jose, Aurtenetxe, Iturraspe, De Marcos, Ander Herrera, Susaeta, Llorente, Muniain.

Subs: Raul, Toquero, David Lopez, Koikili, Inigo Perez, Ekiza, Ibai.

Referee: Florian Meyer (Germany)

That green kit is lovely, btw.

I think that's a fair penalty shout on Llorente for a good shirt pull. How David Pleat can say that he leant his arm into the defender first so it isn't a foul is beyond me.

I really like this Bilbao team, they look lik they've got something about them. Agreed on the kit being great too.