2011/12 UEFA Europa League

Lineker

Shame that Pogba didn't make the squad, fancied him to get a little bit of game time tonight at the very least.

I heard a couple people say that United have told him to sign a new deal or forget about playing again. Not sure how much to read into that though but it is a suprise he isn't in the squad tonight especially considering he didn't play for the reserves against Wigan on Tuesday either.

Is there anything more reassuring that Clarke Carlisle's voice? It makes you feel at ease, like you should listen because you know when he's speaking it's worthwhile.

Athletic are battering Lokomotiv at the minute, there's a lot of pressure coming and Lokomotiv - as mentioned - haven't played a lot of competitive football lately so they may struggle to hold out for the full 90 minutes. That said if Lokomotiv nick a goal then Athletic are going to really struggle because the Russian's defence has been pretty resolute at dealing with Llorente and any balls into him. So far at least.

Aye. His dulcet tones are so soothing.

EDIT: "On comes Borja Ezika" - that's probably the easiest of the Basque names to pronounce and it's pronounced wrong. :P

In for an interesting last 20 minutes. Athletic can't concede, but are down to 10. Brought on Ekiza to play centre back, so back to a back four now.

Edited by IAceI

It depends. I can see it staying 1-0, especially if they bring off Toquero. If they let Super Toquero play the whole match then he may score, if he decides it should be so. :shifty:

EDIT: Ah, they've made all 3 subs. Then yes, there could be more! Like I say, if Toquero decides he wants to.

Edited by IAceI

That's the first 4 games of my Europa League accumulator that have gone through. Udinese, FC Twente, Valencia and Hannover all won :D Just need United and AZ to win now

There were some amazing chants going on in the southstand last night, at eastlands good win but wouldnt say Porto put up much of a challenge. Also Carlos is back!.

Yep, so amazing that Porto are complaining about them shifty.gif

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/23/manchester-city-hulk-unsporting-porto