The Carling Cup 2011/12 Thread

Starvinho

I do aswell. Both feet were off the ground and his studs were showing, therefore he should be dismissed.

wayne_rooney_running_photograph-1311206890.jpg?

That's a ridiculous point to make. And I don't think Kompany should've been sent off.

Well it isn't is it, because the rule isn't 'Both feet were off the ground and his studs were showing, therefore he should be dismissed.' because that would be silly, and Mr Rooney would be off in that picture. The rule is 'reckless, too forceful or with intent to injure', which Kompanys wasn't on all three counts.

Thats kind of what I said. I posted the flippant photo response to a comment that doesn't actually refer to any rule whatsoever, you don't send someone off just because their feet are off the ground. See my longer post earlier on this page.

Right, but feet off the ground and studs is not the rule for tackling, the rule is intent, force and recklessness as I said.

I won't repost what I already said, but I'm all for removing dangerous tackles from the game, wasn't exactly chuffed with Ben Arfa having his leg broken in two places and I'm certainly not harking to the 'good old days' of silly tackles. But when the only argument with Kompany is 'if Nanis three yards quicker he might get fouled' that isn't a dangerous tackle. His kicking legs studs are facing back to his goal line, the other leg is naturally where it should be following a great tackle.

Lol, why? Because the same people you all usually disagree with and call bias and useless finally made a point you agree with?

It was reckless. And Colly, that rule is for tackling. Stop being a dense troll.

I meant the 100% disagree with, because most pundits seem to think it wasn't a red card. I'm not saying you're dead wrong or I'm definitely right because it's a judgement call, just not 100% think it was a red card :P.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Palace, I feel sorry for them. From the moment McCarthy got sent off they had to dig in and fight extremely hard just to stay in the game. They just ran out of steam for the shoot-out I think. Really would have liked to see them make it to Wembley, I think Cardiff have had their fair share of Wembley appearances in the last couple of years <_<